Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, we spent the better part of the day mounting the kit up. We had some light fabrication to do with the air intake due to the larger radiator....turns out the intake change will benefit EVERY LX model car across the board. All thats really left is buttoning up the intercooler and getting a tune on it. Then we will put it on the dyno and see where we're at. Everything came together really well with this kit. Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
HemiGod said:
Well folks, we spent the better part of the day mounting the kit up. We had some light fabrication to do with the air intake due to the larger radiator....turns out the intake change will benefit EVERY LX model car across the board. All thats really left is buttoning up the intercooler and getting a tune on it. Then we will put it on the dyno and see where we're at. Everything came together really well with this kit. Here are the pics.
HELL on Wheels !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
HemiGod said:
Chase -

Thanks for the picture, any others? :D Do you guys have an ETA on completion/dyno results?

Thanks,
Travis

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Will GSM warrant the engine for any potential failures caused by the SC? I'm thinking along the lines of any rod/piston/crank failures? I'm hoping there will never be an issue, but I wonder how that would be taken care of. Is this all at the buyer's risk?

I'd also be interested in your thoughts about what else would you do on this engine to go with even higher boost? Can you get a source for different rods and lower compression pistons? It seems like we may all be sitting on potential 700hp powerplants.

·
Registered
134 Posts
JMatt said:
Will GSM warrant the engine for any potential failures caused by the SC? I'm thinking along the lines of any rod/piston/crank failures? I'm hoping there will never be an issue, but I wonder how that would be taken care of. Is this all at the buyer's risk?

I'd also be interested in your thoughts about what else would you do on this engine to go with even higher boost? Can you get a source for different rods and lower compression pistons? It seems like we may all be sitting on potential 700hp powerplants.
2 words.....hell no

I think the main problems would be the rear and the tranny though. Even with a "cool dealership" I think they would send a rep out to look at the car, especially seeing how it is such a low production car.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
GNSCOTT said:
2 words.....hell no

I think the main problems would be the rear and the tranny though. Even with a "cool dealership" I think they would send a rep out to look at the car, especially seeing how it is such a low production car.
JMatt, kiss the factory warranty goodbuy. The only thing GSM will warranty is the blower head unit, and that's directly from Paxton/Procharger/Vortech whomever.

As far as the "Hell no" comment.

I'm right there with you.

I think serious problems lay down the road for any owner of such car. Especially if raced.

However, I love seeing people push the envelope and step up to the plate with brass ones. You guys Rock!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
JMatt said:

Warranty? :silly: :silly: :silly: funny.... Actually i think there was a aftermarket blower company who had a 3 year warranty for an additional fee. magnuson ,maybe?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hardware said:
Warranty? :silly: :silly: :silly: funny.... Actually i think there was a aftermarket blower company who had a 3 year warranty for an additional fee. magnuson ,maybe?
You are correct, Magnuson... :)

-Travis

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Hardware said:

Procharger offers a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty for $50.

It's practically free considering they send you 36,000 miles worth of synthetic oil for the head unit. That's pretty much what you're buying.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The inevitable Need for Speed!

I tell you this......I can't wait to see the dyno results on this one. This will be on bad Ass SRT-8 :AR15firin that will take no prisoners! :biggrin:

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's awesome you guys got the pictures before I did. I was supposed to get some last weekend.

It looks good so far

Warranty...what warranty!!!

Let's find out what we can break

1 - 13 of 13 Posts