Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Dyno numbers for my 5.7 300C with the GSM Supercharger and big boost kit with Borla exhaust. I will attach the actual dyno sheet tomorrow when I have access to a scanner.

MAX rwhp = 416.04
MAX Torque = 435.53

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dyno sheet

Here is the dyno sheet. I had to edit the lines using mspaint to get the colors brighter.

Black ink = RWTQ
Red ink = RQHP

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
.....Whoa !!!
Bad To The Bone !!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
holly :scared:it! nice #'s... my next mod during spring.. shanemcse, can you PM the price on everything.. im sold... :thanks:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEMMISSEY said:
holly :scared:it! nice #'s... my next mod during spring.. shanemcse, can you PM the price on everything.. im sold... :thanks:
These are the places that sell the kit that I know of. I would say check each site before you are going to make the purchase. Also find one that is not in the same state so you can save on the taxes.

http://www.gsmotorsports.com
http://www.proficientperformance.com
http://www.superchargersonline.com
http://www.hhpracing.com/
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to Scott at GSM they set my car for safetune which is why I have lower numbers. Also when they dynoed my car it was a hot run. I dropped my car off and waited at gsm for them to dyno it so it never had time to cool down. Scott told me that if he would have waited for it to cool down it would have run about a 440/460. I asked him if I could get a higher tune and he said yes. I am going down the GSM this afternoon to get a new tune put in it. I will try to dyno it tomorrow at a place by my work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
changing weather

Just remember if you like the way the car runs now it may be the best, getting more Hp out of that already could push your Safety overboard when it gets Hot out. Yet Scott is the Hemi Guru and he's the only one SC these and havn't heard of any problems yet, but it's winter time too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sleeper300 said:
Just remember if you like the way the car runs now it may be the best, getting more Hp out of that already could push your Safety overboard when it gets Hot out. Yet Scott is the Hemi Guru and he's the only one SC these and havn't heard of any problems yet, but it's winter time too.
Thanks for the tip. Scott gave me a more aggressive tune but it is still a safe tune. It can defintly be tuned much higher but I want to keep it safely tuned for now. I have been keeping an eye on the engine temp and with the 170 thermostat and the GSM fan mod it stays pretty cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
shanemcse said:
Here are the Dyno numbers for my 5.7 300C with the GSM Supercharger and big boost kit with Borla exhaust. I will attach the actual dyno sheet tomorrow when I have access to a scanner.

MAX rwhp = 416.04
MAX Torque = 435.53
Did you happen to dyno it before installing the supercharger?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Should defintely smoke a stock SRT8. Amazing potential these Hemis got.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hemi Freak said:
Did you happen to dyno it before installing the supercharger?
A few months before it came up with 287 rwhp. That was with borla exhaust being the only mod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Shane,

How did the exhaust help performance and gas mileage, and secondly, how did the s/c affect your gas milage?

Thanks....wish you were a little closer to Albuquerque NM. Let me know if you head this way sometime.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NEW DYNO NUMBERS!!!??? :mad:

I took my car to superior Automotive Engineering the place that did the 1st dyno of my car. They have two huge fans that cool the car down before doing a dyno. The engine temp after the run was 174 so the car was extremely cool during the run. They ran my car two times and the best numbers are listed below.

MAX rwhp = 388.94
MAX rwtq = 408.89

When GSM took my car to get dynoed I was told the dyno shop did not allow people to see the dyno. The Dyno sheet I was given from GSM had the following numbers.

MAX rwhp = 416.04
MAX Torque = 435.53

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
So you're sitting right at a hundred hp and a hundred tq over my 5.7L, Shane, which is one of the stronger-running normally aspirated 5.7s.

That's a significant boost in power.

I understand that that is still short of expectations, but I'm sure that you feel those 100-something extra ponies quite clearly.

We'll continue to watch with you - hopefully the remaining power will come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
shanemcse said:

I took my car to superior Automotive Engineering the place that did the 1st dyno of my car. They have two huge fans that cool the car down before doing a dyno. The engine temp after the run was 174 so the car was extremely cool during the run. They ran my car two times and the best numbers are listed below.

MAX rwhp = 388.94
MAX rwtq = 408.89

When GSM took my car to get dynoed I was told the dyno shop did not allow people to see the dyno. That's B.S. The Dyno sheet I was given from GSM had the following numbers.

MAX rwhp = 416.04
MAX Torque = 435.53

That's all I have to say for now. Need to cool down before saying anything else.
Hey Shane,

Just curious, but if the safe tune is keeping you at the numbers you are getting, it would seem that the Big Boost kit is somewhat of a waste. Numbers close to those would be attainable with just the low boost sc, particularly with an exhaust??? or do you think those advertised numbers may be a little inflated as well.

For the real performance test, how has your 0-60's and 1/4 mile improved?

I don't blame you for being a little upset, I would be too after spending all that money, expecting advertised results.

·
Registered
39 Posts
shanemcse said:

MAX rwhp = 388.94
MAX rwtq = 408.89

When GSM took my car to get dynoed I was told the dyno shop did not allow people to see the dyno. That's B.S. The Dyno sheet I was given from GSM had the following numbers.

MAX rwhp = 416.04
MAX Torque = 435.53

That's all I have to say for now. Need to cool down before saying anything else.
Though the #'s seem low - be aware that if your motor was running that cool, the computer may be sending a little too much fuel to the chambers. I'm not sure totally about this, but there is an optimum "HOT" temperature for the motor to do a complete burn/combustion in the chamber. I would think that the motor would want to see around 190 degrees temp for a complete burn. Cooler than that and you may have a slightly "rich" condition - Hence lower #'s. - Food for thought.

On a side note - ask Scott if he dyno'd your car in 3rd or 4th gear.
3rd gear will also give you slightly highers #'s

·
Registered
563 Posts
Quick, given that most of the 12s runs have been from cars showing 170-180 coolant temps, I dont think thats the issue. Guys have used bags of ice, even in 50 degree ambient conditions with great results.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Are we comparing two diff. dyno runs from two entirely diff. dyno shops? Do they have the same kind of dyno?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
teahead said:
Are we comparing two diff. dyno runs from two entirely diff. dyno shops? Do they have the same kind of dyno?
The dyno's were both run at the same dyno shop.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still no new tune yet. I've had many people PM me asking for my advice and all I can say is wait for the new tune. I am trying to get down to GSM to get a final tune. Once I have that tune I will take my car to superior automotive to get it dynoed again. I am hoping I can get this all taken care of early next week.

Current dyno with big boost kit and engine at 174 degrees.

MAX rwhp = 388.94
MAX rwtq = 408.89

1 - 20 of 58 Posts