Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a supercharger on the 6.1 and have had it for a while. I just want to know the durability and life of our motors over a period of time

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
bolt ons

like most bolt ons they had issues with tuning and fuel delivery.

Now that we have Diablo and CMR they are a viable option if tuned carefully.

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is a good topic to bring up again. How are the GSM Superchargers doing now that we have tuning? Have those that have one on their car done away with the "auxillary" injector in front of the manifold?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just do a search on GSM here and over at lx forum...that should be enough to make you think twice. Unless you gots lots a cash to replace motors

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just do a search on GSM here and over at lx forum...that should be enough to make you think twice. Unless you gots lots a cash to replace motors
what he said

·
Registered
903 Posts
From my limited searches, it seems we need a new intake manifold for the supercharger to work properly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I simply wouldn't buy anything based on THAT specific design..on another forum, there is yet ANOTHER story just today of a guy who was just driving in town after having one of the GSM kits installed and the engine decided to cough up a connecting rod....there goes another 8 k for a new 6.1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anybody think a company will produce something that is long term cost efficient; i.e. not blowing motors

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do some searches on RDP based in Australia....dynosteve is the username here on the forums.

He's doing great work with superchargers and now twin turbos.

A couple of guys here are getting work done through him.....Jected (supercharged 6.1) and Icarus (twin turbo 5.7).

All very recent. Check the Aussie forum and RDP's supporting vendor section of the forum.

I know Steve is exporting this stuff to the US and has distributor(s) over there.

There are also many videos on You Tube if you search for "RDP".

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Do some searches on RDP based in Australia....dynosteve is the username here on the forums.

He's doing great work with superchargers and now twin turbos.

A couple of guys here are getting work done through him.....Jected (supercharged 6.1) and Icarus (twin turbo 5.7).

All very recent. Check the Aussie forum and RDP's supporting vendor section of the forum.

I know Steve is exporting this stuff to the US and has distributor(s) over there.

There are also many videos on You Tube if you search for "RDP".
here mate i thought i'd post a pic of our supercharger system

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
like most bolt ons they had issues with tuning and fuel delivery.

Now that we have Diablo and CMR they are a viable option if tuned carefully.

We have updated all of our kits to direct port injection with custom diablo tuning, 2 bar map sensor and larger injectors on the rail.

Scott
GS Motorsports

·
Registered
903 Posts
here mate i thought i'd post a pic of our supercharger system

Do you have a pic of just the manifold? That looks like a pretty solid cure! What's the cost on this? How much testing has been done so far?

·
Registered
144 Posts
does anybody think a company will produce something that is long term cost efficient; i.e. not blowing motors
Check out Power Ported Performance, a supporting vendor on here, my 2006 300C has been running the turbo system that PPP distributes for almost 2 years and 30,000 miles.

Mine was the first 300C Turbocharged with a production kit (as mentioned, almost 2 years ago). I have never had a maintenance issue. Seems alot of people wern't interested in even trying to do something for the Hemi till Diablo came out, now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Mine has been tuned with four different tuning solutions now, so I have a lot of experience in that area.

Mr MoPar

·
Registered
803 Posts
I simply wouldn't buy anything based on THAT specific design..on another forum, there is yet ANOTHER story just today of a guy who was just driving in town after having one of the GSM kits installed and the engine decided to cough up a connecting rod....there goes another 8 k for a new 6.1
Do you have a link to that story? I'd love to get all the info and not just hearsay.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hit up 1bad4dr (Ron). He's had his on for a while now I believe...

·
Registered
803 Posts
I read the story that you are referreing to and that guy had the old "auxillary injector" setup.

I HIGHLY doubt that this will be happening with the new CMR tuning. You guys really need to know the difference between the two to make an educated decision....or comment on the matter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt that this will be happening with the new CMR tuning. You guys really need to know the difference between the two to make an educated decision....or comment on the matter.
At the risk of sounding stupid. Exactly what does CMR tuning stand for and what does it mean. I understand the Diablo can retune the car through the cars computer but the CMR thingy has me confused.
-John

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
At the risk of sounding stupid. Exactly what does CMR tuning stand for and what does it mean. I understand the Diablo can retune the car through the cars computer but the CMR thingy has me confused.
-John

chip master revolution and it means that we can edit the factory ecu without having to fit a piggy back computer to the vehcile, so basically the vehicle won;t fight the conversion now, it makes all the aftermarket options such as blowers, turbos cams etc much easier to tune.

·
Registered
84 Posts
chip master revolution and it means that we can edit the factory ecu without having to fit a piggy back computer to the vehcile, so basically the vehicle won;t fight the conversion now, it makes all the aftermarket options such as blowers, turbos cams etc much easier to tune.
So how does that differ from the diablo? or does it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts