Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welll i just got smoked by a buddys gto 6.0l..
gto mods..intake.lt headers,exhuast,and the diablo predator...

he easily put atleast a 5 cars tops on me from a 2nd gear roll from 60mph to about 120 :(

my mods straight pipes and getto intake.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

he easily put atleast a 5 cars tops on me from a 2nd gear roll from 60mph to about 120 :(

Time for you to get AFE stage 2 intake, high flow cats, catback, diablo predator with dyno tune, 170-180 thermoatat, and expect a 1/2 second to stay with ur buddy!

Brute Srt went from a 13.1 to a 12.6 with the predator/gsm dyno tune and Toyo Proxes tires!

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts

Sometimes it more important how good you look rather than how fast you are going!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time for you to get AFE stage 2 intake, high flow cats, catback, diablo predator with dyno tune, 170-180 thermoatat, and expect a 1/2 second to stay with ur buddy!

Brute Srt went from a 13.1 to a 12.6 with the predator/gsm dyno tune and Toyo Proxes tires!
nah im putting this car back to stock and getting me a c5 z06...if not then all just dump some good money for power mods..but as for know i want to get me a vette...

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts

You do realize you probably made your car slower than stock with your "mods" don't you? Good luck with the Vette, cannot go wrong there.

Eric

·
Registered
456 Posts

sorry for that but its time to start waking up your SRT8 first take these steps :

1- take off the getto intake & replace it with the AFE2
2- add the MF highflow cats or headers (cats are the cheap way)
3- add the diablo predator with a CMR tune

Try with him but from 40mph (it`s gonna be close)....got beaten then take these steps

1- Headers(dynatics or kooks)
2- cam

After those steps my friend beated a gallardo & a modded C6 easily......Got beaten !! take these steps

1- Torque converter
2- strong half shafts
3- quafe LSD

I don`t think he gonna beat you now if he did :rolleyes: add this :

1- heads
2- Nos

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What is a ghetto intake?
Straight pipes lost you a good amount of torque there man.
i cut my stock 90 bend form the stock intake bocks. and added a 3 1/5 inch 10inch tube with a open filter...and straight pipe...it used to be a magnaflow catback...but i removed the resonator and replaced that with and x pipe and removed the 2 mufflers and did straight pipes with the magnaflow tips..car feels a bit faster but not much....just pretty loud at wot...

·
Registered
734 Posts
You do realize you probably made your car slower than stock with your "mods" don't you? Good luck with the Vette, cannot go wrong there.

Eric
Yeah you can. Kiss your seating capacity goodbye, kiss 2drs goodbye, and say hello mid-life crisis.. lol jk jk

My buddy just got a 01 vette rag top. Nice car. He's 21 BTW

·
Registered
98 Posts
How do you do the CMR tune to the Diablo Predator, do you do that in conjunction with the 93 Octane tune, and do keep the canned tune, or remove that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you let the car select your gear???

The race can be a lot different depending on which gear you start in... Autostick always... get into a gear where you are at pretty high RPMs... fat part of the power band... floor it and let the autostick shift it from that point on... I think you could do alot better that way!!!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
The race can be a lot different depending on which gear you start in... Autostick always... get into a gear where you are at pretty high RPMs... fat part of the power band... floor it and let the autostick shift it from that point on... I think you could do alot better that way!!!

BINGO!

It's about time someone brought it up. Are you sure you didn't downshift into 3rd instead of 2nd??????? These cars are lazy at 60-80MPH if you don't downshift properly.

Try it again in autostick in 2nd and let it shift for you.

I'm not saying you'll win but it'll probably be closer.

BTW: Your "ghetto" intake is not hurting your despite some of the previous comments. These cares breath just fine stock intake or otherwise.

·
Registered
55 Posts

you have to get the diablo and then have it dyno tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. out of the k&n cold air, cats back twin 3" & diablo the diablo wins hands down.
with those three mods my srt has 423rwhp

·
Registered
903 Posts
Just like a few others have said...get the diablo and dyno tune your car to your mods. You could probably pick up 40 rwhp with just the diablo on your current mods. Spend $450 to get a diablo + dyno tuning. While an AFE and a tuned exhaust might pick you up a few more hp, they're not nearly worth the dollar/hp as just getting the diablo tuned to your car (the canned tunes aren't nearly good enough in CA with our crap gas).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
idk yet..i want to give this car to my mom since she damn well deserves it.. if i dont get my z06 im going lt headers and the diablo..maybe even a cam..im not sure yet...:pat:

·
Registered
30 Posts

I have an 05 GTO and the SRT8. If the GTO has a 6 Speed and the driver know what he is doing you are going to have a tough time until he shifts into 3rd. The Goat is a monster off the line, lots of torque down low. The SRT8 seems to catch its stride once it's going about 40 MPH. The SRT8 has a lot of mass to get moving and a slush box doesn't help much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i understand your pain. i got smoked by a Bugatti Veyron. wasnt even close. im buying this large sling shot from acme. i will be ready next time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i understand your pain. i got smoked by a Bugatti Veyron. wasnt even close. im buying this large sling shot from acme. i will be ready next time.
hilarious

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
man your crazy..what heck where you doing racing a bugatti..4turbos aint no joke..or does it have 4 turbos?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts