Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Steve and the boys at RDP have graciously given me a week's trial to see how I go working as a trainee fabricator. I haven't stuffed up to warrant being yelled at yet, and what I've done so far is pretty interesting (bl**dy understatement that is! lol). Hopefully the grin on my face showed how keen I am for this job, and the guys working there were quite good working with a fellow that has two kinds of experience (zero and none).

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Congratulation on getting the try out Gunslinger. If I remember rightly this type of profession is a massive change from what you were doing previously. Goodonya for giving different career options a go.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Well done mate - hope it works out for you. Your certainly in the hands of a master.:)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Good luck slinger. If you manage to get the job you will certainly be learning from the best :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately things aren't going to work out, I've been late for both days due to traffic and they do need people who can be there reliably on time. Living on the southside and spending an hour or more in morning traffic on the Gateway means I'm at the mercy of traffic conditions. I appreciate the chance the guys at RDP gave me, and I would really love to work there, but with the current circumstances I can totally understand them letting me go. No hard feelings guys :)

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Unfortunately things aren't going to work out, I've been late for both days due to traffic and they do need people who can be there reliably on time. Living on the southside and spending an hour or more in morning traffic on the Gateway means I'm at the mercy of traffic conditions. I appreciate the chance the guys at RDP gave me, and I would really love to work there, but with the current circumstances I can totally understand them letting me go. No hard feelings guys :)
Never mind, its hard to spend lots of time in traffic and you have to allow alot of extra time to make sure you are not late. When it comes down to it, it is hard to justify the time and fuel for the travel.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple in theory. Considering I left at about quarter past six this morning and was still late for a 7:30am start, that's a bit of a hollow statement. I'm sure there are those among us who can pull off a 5:30am start, however I have work elsewhere and night classes at TAFE; I can burn the candle at both ends but for only so long. Plus tired people and any kind of machinery is a bad combination.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Depending on how important this is to you, you could look at a move if possible, if not I'm sure you'll find something else that'll tie in with your plans. Either way, full credit must go to RDP for giving you a go. It just proves we really do live in the lucky country where how far you go depends on how much you put.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts