Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE take time reading!

I want to know if supreme MAP cover those Services?

Ok, Wednesday afternoon I finally got tired of the transmission dropping to neutral while accelerating and i had to park on the side road and try to put it back in gear. I took it to the dealership they said they would take care of it. Thursday morning they called me and said that they recommend a maintenance I said ok they said 450 dollars. I told them i had MAP EFG coverage Supreme. They told me that they would call me back. That afternoon tthey called back and said the car was done. I went up to the dealership and they told me 472.50 total. I was like WTF i told you guys map has it covered. They told me that they wasn't confirmed about it and they have to charge me and that i have to tell them i was on coverage before.

The Charges were for :

Transmission ECU reflash - 0 Factory warranty cover.

Rear differential Service - 119.95

Fuel injector & induction cleaning server- 149.95

Transmission Flush - 149.95

AND WTF Nitrogen Tire Inflation- 25.00

with tax adds up too 472.22

I try to deal with the problem and they said they can't do nothing because manager isn't in and told me to come back Monday. I paid and i am feel soo RIPPED OFF someone please tell me.. Does supreme not cover it.?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked my air filter, and it said that it has replaced brand new. It has black dust on it already. Is that right? Im pretty sure a brand new don't just get black dust on it already

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
First of all:

• Are you still under warranty?
  • How many miles?
  • **What is Supreme MAP?**
  • Were you having ANY problems with the tranny, diff or how it was running?
Bernie

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad man I kinda rushed it to get fast answers.

1. Yes under factory and Motoist assistance plan coverage
2. 20k miles
3. Its a coverage extended warranty i guess it really doesn't matter
4. Gears drop to neutral while acceleration. Park and put it back on gear. Check engine light came on .. Happen three times

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, seeing as you're still under the factory warranty, IMO the flash, transmission flush should have been covered. You were having problems and that's why you took it in!

The air cleaner most likely needed replacing, but the blackened condition I have no idea how it got that way so fast. Tell them you're concerned it wasn't replaced.

The first sheduled transmission flush isn't even due till 60,000 miles. If they saw fit to flush it, they must have thought there was a problem with the transmission. THAT most definately should be covered under the basic warranty!!!

The rear axle fluid is not due till 96,000 miles. Again, if they thought there was a problem it should be covered under warranty!!!

The nitrogen in the tires is a complete rip off. Same with the injector cleaning. There's no way with only 20,000 miles that was necessary.

Never heard of Motoist. Sounds to me it's yet another 3rd party rip off warranty thing.

It sounds to me you were boned here. I would go back to the dealer and tell them you feel most of this work was unnecessary. Start with the Service Manager then go up from there. I'd be firm, but not demanding, well at least at first. If you don't get satisfaction, go the BBB and file a complaint.

I think this is a complete scam. Here's some contact information for you if you can't get this resolved to your satisfaction:

Phone
1-800-992-1997
Email
Send us a message
Mail
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004

Bernie

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot bro, yeah i knew i was getting boned i just need exact information like you gave me. Now i can tell them that and the manager should deal with this.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
and you say the stealerships dont rip you off.I rest my case.lmao

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
and you say the stealerships dont rip you off.I rest my case.lmao
You have no case to rest because I've never said that. This one certainly did though.

Bernie

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
but you would still show some respect to the stealerships then??after whats happened to that guy??

I was resting MY case about the respect the stealerships give to the public.They will get respect when they show respect,once they have your money most of them don't want to know you,unless you're buying another car that is

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for that well explained input Bernie. Most of all you should go to the dealer with your scheduled maintance book in hand and have them explain it to you. This is from there corporation on when maintance is due.
If it is not due, there is a problem with the car or the dealership. Take someone with you so they can hear it from whom ever is going to talk to you (MANAGER) at that dealarship. Remember not demanding but firm. For clarity use terms like so I am hearing you say; what ever it was, to be clear on what you heard and your understanding of it. Let us know how it turns out. .:fing02:
The Posse

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks alot for the helpful information. It really does feel like that, i came in the stealership and both consultant was on there computers and had no attention to help. So i went into the cashier room and told them about my transmission they send me back to the consultants. Felt like a idiot!
One thing i notice they don't have courtesy vehicles. =/

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also this what i plan to do:Talking to the manager,

1. Show him what rambit showed me. The unnecessary maintenance w/ mileage he told me
2. The air intake kit maintenance, im not sure if that replaces my intake filter cause it was not REPLACED.
3. Let him know about his workers telling me false information.

=D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i called the manager today, he was just like the other rest of the group. I actually had a really bad experience on the phone with him. He told me that whatever the information i had base on was incorrect and told me it was all about driving conditions and said that i confirm the maintenance and i can't do anything about it. All i got say these people don't intend to help you out at all. Instead of that he mocks me and say its like me going to your yard and you confirm service and your not happy with it, that you shouldn't pay me. Sigh i don't know what to do iguess its my lost of 500 dollars atm

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh well i guess i take it as a lesson learned. Never had to come close dealing with *******s from a dealership before well thanks anyway for trying to help. =D

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
You get yourself right on the phone and call that 1-800 number I gave you. Tell them exactly what they told you. Whatever you do, don't ever go back there again.

I'd still look onto the BBB and file a claim too BTW. This is BS.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Additional to that, what he meant by "driving conditions" was which schedualed maintenance you are to go by. The information I gave you is in accordance with Schedule B. Not many, if any of us even fit into Schedule A. You can read what's called for in your owners manual. You'll soon see how badly they boned you. Good luck and whatever you do, don't take the boning lying down!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks rambit.. ill call them and file a complaint.

·
Registered
171 Posts
DUB, Give us a hint on either the city or first three letters of the shop. We can all steer clear of it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oklahoma city BOB HOWARD. I just found out they lend rental cars to extended warranty customers. Those horrible consultant didn't even ask me that. I'm soo pissed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just butting in for a moment. If you told them to do the work "so long as the supreme MAP covers the work" then they had no right to continue if they weren't confirmed on that. If they plugged ahead and did the work and MAP wouldn't cover it then they made the mistake. What they're doing is covering up that they made a poor decision to move on with your work regardless of the final word from MAP. BBB is a good start for the local shop. Making the phone call Rambit said to make might help too. The manager you talked to was the service manager or the general manager? If it was the service manager, have a face-to-face talk with the general manager. He might not be aware of the service manager's lack of attention to your problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts