Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i plan on putting 24's on my 300 this summer and was wondering whats the biggest tire I can get away with without rubbing? Will it be possible for me to lower it with the 24's? also has anyone ever seen anyone running 26's, and if so do you have any pics?

·
Registered
655 Posts
i am running the following:

24x10 with Pirelli 275/25/24 . (24x9 with offset +15 is the optimum)
You will have to shave the bolt above the front tyre as it will scrape the tyre .

You can also go a 255/30/24 but again shave the bolt.

Depends how far you want to lower it? .
I would recommend rolling the guards either way.

There are quite a few posts on this.
Try doing a search if this hasnt helped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see alot running the 275/25 and thats not much tire. It wouldnt bother me as much if i drove the car all the time but my g/f drives the car to school and i would feel safer with a lil more tire. Rolling the fenders shouldnt be a problem. I work at a bodyshop for a living. i deff. wanna go 24's though so if it means running a 25 series tire then i guess i will

·
Registered
760 Posts
First of all glad to see someone else on the forum from the 270. I've been running the 25 for around one year now and all you need is a little shave on the bolt. Two other guys I know around here are running the 25 as well and not one of us has had any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You will just have to tell your GF to take it easy when turning into driveways...

I checked mine and when i am turning into my driveway there isnt even space to fit my finger between the rim and the road, so if i was to go at speed i would end up with some nice kurb rash or a dent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nevermind i just read your bio i come to murray every other weekend or so to go out with friends but ive never seen your car or at least i dont believe so

·
Registered
760 Posts
I tried to PM you but it said it wasn't allowed so I don't hijack the thread. Do you have your eyes open? You can't miss the 4's. Just playing. I live in Murray but I'm in Marshall County quite often. My family owns Belew's Dairy Bar and my daugther goes to IKids. Well good to see someone else from around here on the forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
post up some pics of your car 300cn. 25 series are just so small. There are alot of potholes around here. oh well guess we'll just have to deal with it. So nobody seen a 300 on 26's?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went with the 30 series tire because I knew my wife would be driving the car a lot. So far so good. Dont Forget to roll the fenders! San Diego has horrible roads and if you lowered on 4s like my ride is you going to want to keep your eyes peeled. and if my wife can do it im sure your gf should have no problem. :biggrin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im debating on 22's or 24's for the spring coming up.... Im worried how 24's would affect my ride, suspension and transmission wise... do 24's rub, with or without people in the car?? Is my suspension going to be trash after 1 year of riding? also, is shaving the bolt to put 24's on going to void my warranty if something does happen to my suspension?? And do I have to Roll the fenders if i DONT want to lower the car?? I know a lot of questions lol, figured id ask the PRO's who actually ride on 24's!!!!!!!

·
Banned
32 Posts
I had to shave the bolt a little and I drive mine dailyfrom orange county to long beach,and i cruise the freeway T at 70-75 So far no problems....[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

·
Registered
31 Posts
CS300 did you have to Roll the fender or do anything other modification besides shaving the bolt to put the 24's on? Also, what is the width of the rim? 9.5? or 10. And how does it feel when you hit potholes or any bumps?

·
Banned
32 Posts
CS300 did you have to Roll the fender or do anything other modification besides shaving the bolt to put the 24's on? Also, what is the width of the rim? 9.5? or 10. And how does it feel when you hit potholes or any bumps?
no i didnt do anything but shave the bolt, but i didnt lower mine either..
I like the hight its at, as far as the potholes I try to avaid them but it is no different then the 22's i had on, i've ruined "bent from potholes" 2 different sets of 22's, so far so good with my 4's....it doesnt matter the size the rim, it matters the size of the pothole..LOL OH YEA AND I THINK THERE 10'S

·
Registered
118 Posts
I recommend lowering the car if your going to put 24s on. If your worried about your suspension get a set of KW V2 coilovers. You will need to look out for pot holes, they key is hitting the straight on so the entire rim takes the impact. Hitting the side of the pothole is what has bent my rims in the past. If you choose to lower You will need to roll the fenders or this might happen:

Hands down worth the aggressive look:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Im getting mine in a couple of days and im going with the 255/30's the guy at the shop assured me i should have no problems, but my wheels are 24 x 9's

·
Registered
859 Posts
im supposed to pick them up today! i've seen another member on this forum with the same wheels theyre the ultra platinums.. i have the phantom body kit so i wanted something with lots of chrome to catch the eye!!

Big Daddy J, do you have any pics of your 24s you bought? and what was the price for them with tires??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts