Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is huge for me, I hardly run into anything worth getting excited about,
First was a Porsche Cayman, Black with black rims, on the highway I cruised past him in the fast lane he rode a little behind for a minute then I think he noticed the SRT8 emblem on the rear, I was going about 75mph when I heard him hit it, His rear bumper was at my door when I hit it so he got a pretty good jump, It took mere seconds to reel him in and spit him out, had him by six cars easy by 135, I thought those were made for the Autobahn! Point one SRT8. Second I honestly thought I was going to loose, I am sitting at a light one car in front of me up to my left pulls a fox body Mustang, Fat and skinnies, full roll cage, Drag slicks, sounded like a big cam, the whole nine yards, Not driven by a kid, probably mid 30's, light changes and he stomps it, I hate Mustangs but that car sounded mean. So I will race anything I can get beside so I follow him, too much traffic so we don't catch a light, I follow him onto the freeway, no traffic and straight shot we slow down to about 35, I could tell from following him he had a stick and figured he was going to drop second and be at high revs, and my auto would need a second to down shift, so for the first time in a race I used my auto stick that does not upshift at redline. He beeps three times and we hit it at the same time, I instantly pulled him second was perfect at that speed which might have been 45mph not to sure. I pulled easy 3 cars on him by 110. He flashed his lights a couple times and wanted to try again, to the same result not even close! Point two SRT8. The last was not even five minutes later still pumped up from the a$$ whoopin I just gave the stang. Two lane road roll up on an evolution sounded good for a ricer, he stomps it as soon as I got behind him so I stomped it, I had to let off to keep from pushing him down the road, he keeps going like a maniac at least 140 on a back curvy road, I am not willing to kill myself or anybody else to prove a point, come up over the hill and he is stopped on the side of the road waiting, pulls out behind me and in two miles we catch a traffic light and the road is now a four lane, younger kid and two buddies laughing typical ricer not even a race and they say they won. I hear the passenger say hey that thing got a Hemi! then the driver said don't matter if he did! Light changes I spin he jumps one car, caught traction and reeled him in pretty fast we were door to door by 30 to 35, I passed him and pulled one car length he started closing the gap then I hit 3rd and pulled at least 3 to 4 cars on him, I am sure his car was not stock, AWD and a redline clutch dump is pretty hard to beat from a stop, but beat him without question, Didn't even have the balls to pull up next to me at the next light, no respect! I pulled away saying to myself your dam right it has a Hemi!
Point 3 SRT8. I do not usually street race but these were open roads no traffic. I only have Corsa, Magnaflow hi flow cats, and cold air intake, I am sure I will get my a$$ handed to me some day, but my mods are just starting. To have four doors and be able to pull that off still blows my mind!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
hahaha nice. I got put in jail for doing that in my 350Z so.... I can't do things like that anymore. I have to go slow slow now in my V6 and not get any more tickets... LAME! Ha. I have to wait till I don't have 28 points on my license. But keep up the good work teachin those horrible mustang cars a lesson and making them cry at night.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
awesome story and awesome kills bro!

i get excited reading these every time, like i was in the car with ya!

congrats bro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I have to admit killing Mustangs is my favorite thing to do, not that there that fast, it's that the drivers think they are unbeatable and usually very cocky. love to show them my tail lights!!!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Thank you, I have to admit killing Mustangs is my favorite thing to do, not that there that fast, it's that the drivers think they are unbeatable and usually very cocky. love to show them my tail lights!!!

They sure are cocky.

It never ceases to amaze me. I've had 3 Mustang races in my SRT and I figured each time the guys HAD to be modded and would kill me. Afterall, how he they be so stupid to think they can beat an SRT?

Well, they continue to prove their ignorance and I've murdered every one of them.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Yep - same here.

Still waiting for that Stang that can kill me.

I've gone up against some with serious mods - but they all seem to have problems getting hooked up with the crappy flexing chassis and the solid rear axle hopping all over the place like a demented Easter Bunny . . .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah it's pretty hysterical how quick people with mustangs think their cars really are. Instance one, this guy I work with has a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible (he thinks its the fastest thing ever), so obviously I had to show him up. One day after work we decide to run one another. We go on a service road that connects to the highway that was completely empty. We start from about a 35 mph roll he has a manual and downshifts, I just leave my car in drive. By the time 100 rolls around I had at least 10 cars on him. Instance two, drive down the road minding my own business and I'm behind a Mach 1, he was going a little to slow for me so I go around him and he instantly downshifts and tries to race me. So I stomp on it and got him by 5-6 car lengths instantly. When will these people in Mustangs realize that they need more than an exhaust system to make their cars fast?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My neighbor has a 03 Cobra, the 390 horse supercharged one, he lives 5 houses down so I really don't know him. ever since I got the SRT8 he would slow down in front of the house and hit it, kind of annoying after the third time, so one day cutting the grass here he comes so I ran out and flagged him down, I said you have something to say? he said I just wanted to let you know that I have the fastest car on the street. "What a freaking nerd" are you serious! I said lets settle this now, ran 3 times outcome the same, SRT8 is now king of the block! best thing is he must go the long way home, never rolled by the house since! Mustangs are for girls and teenagers! no offense.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
What amazes me about 'stang owners and other "sports car" owners is that they don't appreciate how fast our cars are with no mods.

Add a CIA, a little tuning with a Predator and our usable torque goes off the scale.

There are some cars out there that I know can beat me, but they cost about twice the price (or more) than I paid for my CSRT8.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dang, I'm really impressed with the Evo kill. From a stop, that car is about as good as it gets on the street. What makes it more impressive to me is most of those cars are modded. Very few are stock for very long.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Great story my man! I must admit I was a mustanger a few times in the past and I'll be the first to admit I had the GOD mentality, like no ones car was faster. I've seen the light and have been converted from my wayward paths. I love my 300C, Definitely faster than my last stang!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here I caught myself going against a 2000-2004 Mustang GT I had four people in the car and I just rolled by what seem to be a mustang club because they was few of them in single line following each other. So I just rolled by them and I guess they must of heard my exhaust anyways the black one decides to jump out the line and pull up to my bumper while I was going 60 mph. He notice the SRT8 symbol and he got really itchy and pulled up real close to my bumper. So I gunned it and left him he started to catch up a little but as I got closer to 140 mph he seem to not be able to catch me so he decided to fall back in line with the other mustangs. Talk about "Puttin It In It's Place" LOL!!! and I am pretty much stock just magnaflow exhaust I love my car I wonder what he felt like when he had to explain to his other fellow mustang that he got beat by a four door

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But for the money the SRT8 is second to none, I was die hard chevy, until the SRT8 came out, GM and Ford, nothing even close, Our only rivals are from across the pond, and cost twice as much, The look of the car, the power, the fit and finish, I have never been happier with a car, all this and I can go to Friday night street wars at my local drag strip and surprise alot of people, then load the wife and kids in the car, hit the AC and cruise home. I'm hooked for life, gas can got to $10. a gallon and I'm still cruisin my big black American car...

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
I'm not a mustang fan but luckly none of you've guys went up against a GT-500 shelby . I recently test drove the shelby and it's 500hp - 480 torque , and all I can say is , it's definitely faster than a SRT-8 . It's not my type of car but I got give ford svt their just due on this one .

B D HEMI
I'd love to go against one and see if it can keep the power on the ground, but the only ones I see are on dealer lots. Seems not too many gearheads are buying them. Here's an article from a Mustang Blog:

Shelby GT500 Prices Hit The Wall and Go Splat

June 29th, 2007 by CobraMatt

Mark this glorious month of June down on your calendars as the month Shelby GT500 prices hit the wall and went splat. I know this because I have been religously watching markups/prices ever since they came out about a year ago and I can honestly say everywhere I look prices are coming down even if it’s slowly. The prices I have been seeing on Ebay, Autotrader and various other places are in the low $50K’s and even some sellers are asking high $40K’s. Now I know there are still alot of dreamers out there and what I mean by this is your XYZ dealer still asking rediculous $65K prices, there are plenty on Ebay as I type this. I just laugh and move along when I view prices like those and you should to. I knew this time would come but did not think it would take almost a year for prices to head downward.
More fuel to my fire comes from a recent trip to my local Ford Dealership where I was purchasing an SUV for the wife and in the showroom they had a red GT500 coupe that had been marked down a few times; $59K > $57,700 > $55K. I asked our salesman why the mark downs on the GT500 and he flat out told me nobody has even made an inquiry about the vehicle for sometime and they were looking to move it. I wonder if this is the norm for dealers around the country, why else would we see these lowered prices.
After the jump I have listed the deals and dreamers I found on Ebay.
Decent Low $50K Deals

• 2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Vista Blue - $53,900
    2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Alloy - $53,270 -
    2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, White - $52,995 -
    2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Red - $52,000 -
  • 2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Vista Blue - $53,500 -

Dreamers

• 2007 shelby GT500 Coupe, Black - $63K -
  • 2007 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Black - $65K -

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The GT-500 "In my opinion" is ugly, droopy face, ugly wheels, and Ford doesn't know how to make Horsepower without throwing a blower on it.
I wouldn't pay $10k for one. To each his own.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Ha ,ha,ha, .. awesome , I love the troll picking his nose ...
Come on guys did I hurt somebody's feelings ! :lick:
Price for price the gt-500 is probably the "best bang for the buck" since they are back at the proper price .
Cheers
B D HEMI
Just did some reading on the GT500 forum (13 members logged on) and on a few car reviews. The car is a pig in the corners. The humble Stang GT seems to hustle around the twisties as well or better - definitely not SRT8 territory.

Many describe it as "lumpy" on the streets - again not in the SRT8 class for ride quality.

The car seems purpose-built for straight line dragging with a 0-60 time of 4.6 sec. Those of you who drag can comment if the GT500 is worth the price for a 4.6 time out of the box.

Until something really wicked this way comes in our price bracket, the SRT8 is still the best "bang for the buck", imo.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Personally I love the GT500, always have, always will.

The problem is that it's a $40k car at best. It's faster than the SRT8 but has none of the interior ammenities, nor braking, nor handling capabilities.

With more HP though it should be priced the same.

$50k for the GT500 as a drivers car is stupid. The only reason it's even still that much is for collectibility and just balls to the wall enthusiasm. (i.e. people with a ton of money that are pricing normal people out of the market.)

By the time they're $40k (probably in a couple years) you'll have LX's, Camaro's, Corvettes, and probably even the next gen Mustang GT keeping up and beating it 0-60 for $40k.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts