Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well recently i was at a friends suprise birthday party and i had the 300c parked at a friends house with his G35. Well im in the middle of the party when i look outside and golf ball to tennis ball size hail...

Well I get back and I couldnt see at the night so wrongly assumed(and hoped) that my car didnt get any damage. Turns out $4300 worth of damage to my car, and $3900 to the G35 coupe. But to get to my point, the insurance company wants to replace the roof in place of taking the dents out, because it is cheaper for them. I was told that the roof is removable and i have also heard it is not. This concerns me because i was also told by a relative in the business if they do have to cut my roof it goes on carfax and the car de-values. I was just wondering if you guys know if the roof can be removed without cutting into it or if u have and advice on an alternate method. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
H-m-m-m, perhaps it's time for a stainless steel roof?
Or will that lower the future value too?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Sorry to hear about the natural disaster. I think I can speak to your situation since I just went through a similar issue.

My rooftop recently received 3 softball-size crushing dents in various locations around the sunroof but not from hail.

At first, the body shop and my insurance claims agent were highly considering having the roof cut off and a new one soldered on. You just can't lift off an existing roof as you were told.

I'm glad this original idea did not take place. I have no doubt it would have been entered into the CARFAX system. After the frame of my car was straightened out, they decided the huge dents were repairable but not by some paintless dent removal service. I'm not exactly sure how the body repair was done, though.

I do know that it involved removing the inside headliner, the rear window, and the front windshield, which they ultimately broke after I just had a new one installed less than 2 months ago. Anyway, the body work for the dents was completed and the roof needed to be repainted etc. after they were finished.

So, you should be able to have the same thing done as they did for me especially since the body of your car was not tweaked causing your roof top to collapse in 3 different areas.

Cutting off a roof would definitely affect the integrity/structure of your car.
Don't let them do it. My situation was far worse than dents just from hail.

Be assertive and let us know how it all turns out.

bruno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts