Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2011 300C with the standard Halogen projectors. There is some confusing information out there about which bulbs can be used in my projector housing and I've tried a couple of things.

I am looking to upgrade to some whiter bulbs than the stock Phillips 9012 bulbs. They are too yellow for my tastes.

I saw people recommending 9006 Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs and I was able to find some locally and try them out. The do not actually fit in my projector housing. They won't go in deep enough to be able to lock into place (even after modifying the tabs).

I see no-name brands on the internet that advertise whiter bulbs that come in the 9012 type, but I don't trust those brands (GP Thunder and Putco). Does anybody have any experience with GP Thunder or Putco bulbs?

The only other brand I see is the Phillips brand which is the same as the OEM bulb.

Short of installing an HID setup, does anybody have any recommendations for bulbs that will actually fit into my projector housing and that are reliable and project white?

If not, has anybody here upgraded to HIDs on a 2011 that wants to recommend a reliable kit?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
468 Posts
TRS (The retrofit source) and DDM come to mind. If you decide to go with a HID kit remember to make sure they account for CANBUS so you won't have any flickering issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if the Putco bulbs are actually high output like the 9012 bulb type is supposed to be or if they are just standard output with the right tab pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts