Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Handling wise - what does the 300C SRT8 compare favourably to?! [Or could be considered the equal of?]

Would you be a fool - in your 300C SRT8 - for thinking you could keep up with a Honda Civic Si on some winding highway? Or how about a Mustang GT or BMW 330i? Would you be able to keep up with an Infiniti G37 or Cadillac CTS? Or an Acura TL Type-S or - well - whatever!!

I'd really like to know. Just how does the 300C SRT8 compare to other cars?!

Thanks,
Craig!! :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
How about an E class Mercedes!:biggrin:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Handling wise - what does the 300C SRT8 compare favourably to?! [Or could be considered the equal of?]

Would you be a fool - in your 300C SRT8 - for thinking you could keep up with a Honda Civic Si on some winding highway? Or how about a Mustang GT or BMW 330i? Would you be able to keep up with an Infiniti G37 or Cadillac CTS? Or an Acura TL Type-S or - well - whatever!!

I'd really like to know. Just how does the 300C SRT8 compare to other cars?!

Thanks,
Craig!! :)
The 300 is a big heavy car but handles pretty well, but it would all come down to the driver.

When I had my WRx before I 'souped' it up I came up against a Porsche 911 Turbo on a winding country lane in the UK's Lake Dirstrict and blew him into next week....but it was clear he could not drive, he was in front of me for a while and was braking whilst going round bends, plus braking way to hard before he hit bends.....crap, so if you come up against a hot htach with a guy that knows how to drive, even if your a good driver you will more than likley get spanked!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
track daze

I have had over 20 road course "experiences" with my car. One of my greatest takedowns was a Porsche 911 with 4 wheel drive.

Th owner was a grade a ass who remarked that I had brought an "old mans car" to a real road race!!!

After I blew by him at 150 mph on the back straight he became a believer! My instructor at this event was blown away by the SRT8's ability to hustle around the track like a little sports car.

I would think that an SRT8 can compare favorably in the twisties with ANYTHING with 4 doors, and almost anything with 2!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
sorry

sorry, I had my hands full of steering wheel, I had planned my pass for a whole lap and was actually out BRAKING a Honda S2000 to get set up!

I have a permanent picture in my mind of that dork's face as I passed him!

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Depends on who you ask, I've seen a lot of peeps here (what about that BMW owner?) who considered the 300 a boat regardless of posts like northern(rider?)'s adventures on the race track with a plain' ole C! ;)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've hung with a Porsche Carrera Turbo around a 270 degree on ramp. Stayed on his tail the whole time and was doing over 80 by the time we straightened out and passed him/beat him to the fast lane. Pissed him off, he tried staying on my tail, but I increased the gap til 140+ and then had to brake. He got right back on my tail. I took a call on my bluetooth and forgot about him. When traffic opened up he passed me and I floored it and stuck right on his tail up to 120 where he jumped over 3 lanes and got off the freeway.
My Father-in-law had a 2006 Lexus IS 250. That car handled like crap compared to mine. I drove that thing several times. It felt like a go cart. Very harsh ride and lots of oversteer. He now has the 08, feels smoother, but still crap. I drove it the other night and its a dog, but I'm used to some real American HP.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts