Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions regarding best hands free phone to fit in the 300C. I am not impressed with the uconnect dealer version as it does not use the car speaker system. Have seen a system called 'parrot' [i think that was the name] and had god reports.
JohnD

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a parrot system in my car and am very happy with it. Different phone have different levels of compatability though but I have never really had any issues.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a neat fit in the ash tray.
what type of phone are you using
thanks for your help
how much does the parrot system sell forre

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I can't remember how much I paid as it was installed at the same time as my headunit.

I have used this bluetooth with a Nokia N70, Dopod and now an iPhone.

It worked pretty well with the first two phones but the call register was only the calls that were recieved and made in that session and the bluetooth would sometimes need resetting on the phone to reconnect. Also with the Dopod when I had contacts with multiple numbers they would have a seperate listing in the phonebook for each number which could get confusing. When I got the iPhone I was worried it was going to have issues but I have been pleasantly suprised. It links up perfectly and the call register is the one on the phone so it has the full history. The phonebook also work correctly, users with multiple numbers only have one entry and then each of their number is listed under that entry. When you go into the record and scroll through the numbers it talks to tell you if it is listed a s a work, home, cellular or other number.

The fitment in the ashtray looked cool so I did it and it can be shut away when not in use BUT I probably wouldn't do it again. Trying to scroll through numbers to make a call when driving is pretty hard and the glare can make it damn near impossible. Next time I will put it at eye level somewhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The uConnect System does play through your stereo, I use it with my iPhone and it has voice recognition and everything.

I have used the Parrot in my mum's Honda Accord Euro, and I have to say, I prefer the uConnect.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went the Avic HD3,,, awsome bluetooth unit with it,,,, plus other delights,,, I have seven different phones added onto the list,,, and they all work perfectly,,,,

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a nokia car kit it turns the radio off when I get a call & I haven't charged a mobile in 9 years. Almost ten.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have the Uconnect as well, In the manual it says you can hook up, up to 5 phones to it.... I use two mobiles and i struggle with keeping one hooked to it.
Some times it comes back with Connection Error, & if i turn the car off & back on it works.... so that's the story with my Nokia N95 & Nokia N81 & now I have a LG K700(virgo) & Soney Ericsson K850I so the K850I gets hookek when i get in the car straight away automatically and when some one rings me the radio/CD player switches off & it rings but when i pick up the phone it only operates through the phone & CD Player goes back on... I for one am not happy With Uconnect at all

·
Registered
172 Posts
WNTED.1 If it is a hands free car kit why would you pick up the phone. If I am on a call & have to get out of the car & pick up the phone it will disconect the car kit or you will have feed back (a big bad squeel in your ear). In that case the radio is supposed to go back on. My kit works the same in Statesman.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your replies
much appreciated
john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts