Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just a post to give Murray Motors in Glasgow a massive vote of Praise and thanks.

Jim Kelly (Sales manager) Andrew Harper (sales) Gavin Wilson (Ex Glasgow but still MM) Colin (service Dept) et al (Service Dept)

As you all know I have had real problems with my saloon 300CRD from day 1 , but not really bad until month 3 (steering problems then last week with a engine failure (camshaft sensor)).
Went into MM and said how unhappy I was and what should have been a happy experience (owning a 300) has been soured.

Jim Kelly bent over backwards to alleviate my problems, and ok I had to pay a bit I am now the proud owner of a silver 300CRD Tourer (same age as my last one )
It came with Monstar 20" wheels, Full bodykit ( will come to that later) Sat Nav (thanks to Florin) Tints (again come back to that) transfer of bluetooth kit and towbar.

To say that I'm over the moon is an understatement and cannot wait until the Scots Meet........

Bodykit (fitted in Stirling, as was Stirlings ex demo car) supposed to be fitted with underside light kit ....(according to Gerry from MM in Stirling) no lights (will get sorted).

Tints (paid over £200) but now that I've got it home I can see more bubbles than an Aero Bar from the outside in the film (will get it sorted).

So overall I am back in the fold (will post pictures as soon as we get a good day Aug maybe) and am back to people looking (are we all posers at heart) people letting me out and people asking me if it is a Bently.

Cheers for everybodys help and happy 300 motoring.

:) :) :) :) :)

Stig

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they still charge you for the bezel ? I asked the dealer in Stirling and they said never heared about different bezel for the touring then the salon!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes

Hi Florin

Yes £75 because of the extra button Rear windscreen wiper and heated rear screen.

Stig
:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too dark

Too dark to take comparitive pictures but as you can see from normal and tourer versions although lhd there is two extra buttons abouve the satnav.
comparison  bezels.jpg

Stig

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Congratulations Stig, glad you are remaining in the fold and are now a happy man. Sounds like you got a nice car - the Touring seems huge at first but you soon get used to it - and it does have great boot space.
Don't know when there will ever be a Scottish Meet at all. It is a subject that is seldom raised these days. I had thought on a Sunday lunch meeting up at New Lanark but those I bounced the idea off seemed uninterested. The hotel up there does a lovely carvery lunch but it seems Sunday is the family day etc.
Cheers John

·
Registered
87 Posts
aha.. i see the difference now. They could easy put that 2 buttons in the blank space between the other 2 buttons.. But hey... they manufacture it... seems silly to have 2 moulds for same thing....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scots Meet

Hi John

I will be up for a meet as long as its not a Saturday (golf) but anytime anyplace anywhere (martini) so lets revitalise this meet and get it done.

Cheers

Stig.

PS. thanks for your input John

·
Registered
134 Posts
Even if we have a small meet maybe better than none. As I am in Lanark I would be up for it too.

ATB Gizmo

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Looking at the calendar and New Lanark Mill Hotel's own events it would seem that Sunday 6th April might be a goer. Lunch at the carvery is (I believe) £12.50 for two courses and £14.50 for three. There is also the facility of a bar meal if the pleasures of the carvery don't appeal - however my own thoughts would lie towards the carvery. If I get a positive response from Gizmo, Stig and Florin M on that basis I will check out New Lanark tomorrow and if we can go at that I will post a new thread advertising it. The carvery is pretty busy and would require to be booked in advance. I would propose booking a table and thereafter anyone wishing to attend would book for themselves but asked to be seated with us. Can you confirm interest immediately??
Cheers John

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry John 4th to the 10th April in Eire

Stig
:sorry:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
13th fine and dandy

Stig

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John do you want to start this a new thread so it will catch the eye ?

Stig

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Ok, I will speak with New Lanark and see if we can sort them out to receive us on the 13th April - sorry Florin but I will be tied up myself on Sundays after mid April and the hotel is having a Bridal thing on the 31st March. Can I rely on you Gizmo as the man on the ground for local organisation etc - once sorted with New Lanark I will create a new thread. I take it the idea of the carvery lunch suits all of you - and the next question do we expect men, families or couples - or just what turns up?
Cheers John

·
Registered
134 Posts
John,
Carvery will be fine for me. I have no strong feeling about who attends, I think it will depend on the booking requirements. It may be easier to try to keep it simple, ie book a table for confirmed bodies. For those that can't confirm they may want to take thier chance on the day.

ATB
Vince

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Bodykit (fitted in Stirling, as was Stirlings ex demo car) supposed to be fitted with underside light kit ....(according to Gerry from MM in Stirling) no lights (will get sorted).
Stig,

Are you sure your internal courtesy lights are switched on? The side skirts take their feed from the courtesy lights and if your dimmer wheel is set all the way to the bottom they won't work, just a thought.

Stef

1 - 20 of 26 Posts