Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to paint my car, and have all the body work done, but I keep wanting to shave the fuel door and relocate the filler neck in the trunk.
Has anyone done this before on this site that could give me some pics or show me what you did to extend the filler neck. I dont have a tig yet or I would of just legenthend the neck.
Just curious about rubber hoses etc.
can anyone help me out? If not I'm just gonna leave it and paint it.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
You'll have the aluminum neck and a return vent line to relocate. Getting to it may be problematic, though. How do you propose to get to the filler neck to make the connections?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tail lights are shaved so that's not an option. I have full access to the filler neck as it only take taking off the tire and then wheel well cover to have full access to it. I am aware I would have to extend both tubes.
My question was has anyone done this and what materials did they use? Rubber hose and clamps seems the way to go, I just don't want a fuel leak where I can't see it afterwards.

I could probably get aluminum tube and extend it and weld it but I think that would be a pain in the ass.
I want to relocate the filler under the trunk.
Everything I can do, I just want advice on the fuel filler extension as I e never messed with it before.
If I can't get an answer off someone by tonight the car goes in primer and it will stay where it is.
Maybe I'll move it later when I finally cave and suicide my back doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts