Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep -- kind of a buzz kill in the middle of all of this HP and testosterone -- but wife says I need to use the new SRT as a kid hauler some of the time (Going to teach the little buggers some seriously bad driving habits - "Do as I say kids, not as I do").

So, I am looking to get two booster seats for my BBlack SRT. My boy is almost 40 pounds, uses a true booster -- girl hasn't quite yet tipped 30, she's still in a "bucket/5-point" type seat -- wondering if any of y'all had found any seats that support and protect the little ones well, but will still allow the insecure, silly/macho side of me to maintain the bad look of a black SRT. Have used Britax in other rides, like them just fine, but they don't exactly have the look I'm hoping for. Just googled my way to the Simpson site, and those look promising.

How 'bout it SRT dads (and moms) -- Suggestions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought, but I was under the impression that with the Kicker, my cargo net won't have anywhere to fasten on that side -- then the little buggers will start a-pullin' on the emergency release and doing their "Trunk Monkey" gig.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I thought I was the king of the car-wash having a one of a kind SRT8 . . . till three days ago when a big black SRT10 truck was getting the finishing touches of a hand wash, right behind me. So I'm looking for the owner to walk up, thinking this must be some big, bad-a** looking dude. Turns out it was a pretty, slender 20ish year old woman with her little girl holding on tight. And yes there was a booster, plopped smack dab in the middle of the rear seat for a beautiful, birds-eye view of 60 mph coming at her in 4 point something seconds. After seeing that, go for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ain't blonde, I ain't anywhere close to 20, I ain't that pretty, and I sure as ____ ain't that slim. Wasn't me . . .

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have the Jupiter Booster Seats.
Komfort Kruiser LX100 - Charcoal
By Jupiter Industries
The Komfort Kruiser is top rated for comfort and durability and holds 30 to 100 lbs, 37" to 57" tall as belt positioning booster seats. For ages 3 to 10 years old. The Komfort Kruiser helps cushion side impact with an adjustable headrest is the most thickly padded to cushion side impact and offers the best in head and neck support. Made of 100% bicycle helmet foam, this seat absorbs and reduces impact better than hard plastics. The new solid guard treatment features a spill and stain resistant removable cover with built in mud flap that is machine washable. The anti skid base provides a better grip on car upholstery to reduce slipping and tipping. The built in mudflap for protecting your car’s upholstery. Portable, the Komfort Kruiser folds flat and is lightweight – great for car pooling – convenient carry handle.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Can't exactly help you, we use the Britax and aren't looking for anything "sportier" in a booster seat -- fer cryin' out loud!

Nothing wrong with booster seats, that's why I have a 4 door family car!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good question!!! I posted a similar one when I got the car last April.

Don't buy the Simpson. I bought it and returned it. Very cheesy and no padding. If I had the guts to spend the money I'd get the Recaro. They sell them at target.com. Cool looking and plush.

http://recaro.com/index.php?id=1946&region=3&L=2

BTW: I have a booster AND an infant seat base in mine. Still plenty of testosterone.

·
Registered
761 Posts
jjs said:
How about just using the cargo net and trunk? MUCH cheaper!!
I just got done reading the nasty Hennesey thread - and this made me laugh!
I needed that- too funny. Gotta love kids.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Ken Lally said:
I just got done ready the nasty Hennesey thread - and this made me laugh!
I needed that- too funny. Gotta love kids.
Not really....

gotta love urologists!! :arms: :headbang:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts