Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, anyone else here tired of listening to ricers go on and on about how 300's, chargers and magnums "suck", because they put a huge wing on the back of there civics or mazdas which allows them to go at warp 5. And how north american cars suck and their japanese micro-machines are soo soo soo much better.
What is it about our cars that makes them hate them so much. Is it that our cars look/sound better? Maybe its that they cost more? Maybe its that when someone says the word hemi the first thing that comes to their mind is powerrrr! I noticed even in the video that youngmedic has on youtube of ricers going on about how the car will break down 3 years later.
Personally, I have gotten tired of the hate. I make it a point now to make as much noise with my C and not to mention make them pee their pants with fear when next to a "modded" cvic, mazda, etc.

I remember when I first got the car I'd be driving down the street normally and be surprised to find that the person driving next to me is actually trying /thinking they are racing me at which point id say to myself "oh wait what we're racing?" hit the gas and be gone. (minding all traffic rules of course :p)

·
Registered
463 Posts
True! I've felt this way for a while. Now most of the ricers on the island don't funk with me anymore! Same goes for some older Vettes and Camaros but I still love those cars.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
wow

ricers? I think the correct term is Asians. Are you seriously mad over people posting youtube comments dissing the 300? I find it amusing and sad how many people fight over their cars on youtube. You are not going to change each other's minds by dissing one another on youtube, and it is highly immature. How bout you don't stoop to that level and put your ego aside. You like your car, they like theirs, why can't that be the end of it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ummkkk?

ricers? I think the correct term is Asians. Are you seriously mad over people posting youtube comments dissing the 300? I find it amusing and sad how many people fight over their cars on youtube. You are not going to change each other's minds by dissing one another on youtube, and it is highly immature. How bout you don't stoop to that level and put your ego aside. You like your car, they like theirs, why can't that be the end of it?
Ricers DOESNT refer to asians, Heres a definition for you:
Ricer - A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports;

AS for me being MAD from the hateful comments? Read what i wrote bud, I didnt say i was getting mad over them hateful things, I said other ppl love writing hateful things about our cars and I dont get why. What about these cars makes THEM want to hate. So how would I be stooping to their level by wondering why this was the case?

Btw Adam control I also love the vette, stang and camaro. :D

maybe some pics might help:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Ummmmk

Hey guys, anyone else here tired of listening to ricers go on and on about how 300's, chargers and magnums "suck", because they put a huge wing on the back of there civics or mazdas which allows them to go at warp 5.
I am sure you are referring to the cars talking???? Also, rice doesn't mean import. Did you write that definition up yourself? "Rice" refers to asians, hence the slang "rice rocket". Maybe where you live rice means import, but not here "bud". Now here I am having an argument online, just forget it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am sure you are referring to the cars talking????
OMG dude READ, where did I say anything about Cars talking?

Ricer
- A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color.

Definition was pulled for your sake from urban dictionary.com

Links for you so you can read on your own so I wont have to continue to clarify:
Urban Dictionary: ricer
Urban Dictionary: rice burner
:twak:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
465 Posts
im half asian and i eat rice..does that make me a ricer? :)

my opinion...people hate on our cars because they cant afford them. hell, they cant even afford real mods to cars. people are dumb because these cars were never meant to be in the same category as theirs. hondas and whatnot were meant to be economy cars unless you buy the beefed up version of them from the dealers. some people take a civic and build it right in their garages but they are rare as it is. instead, we just have the posers driving around making them look bad.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
ignorance is bliss :smashfrea
to both of you, maybe in the imaginary world of urban dictionary, or where ever you both live, ricer means what you think it means. I am saying where I come from, if you were to refer to someone like that or their car, there would be problems.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
to both of you, maybe in the imaginary world of urban dictionary, or where ever you both live, ricer means what you think it means. I am saying where I come from, if you were to refer to someone like that or their car, there would be problems.
god man would ya drop it. It seems like you might have a misunderstanding as to what the term means. Of course someone would be pissed if you called them a ricer. just means they are trying to be what they are not. Again Has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH BEING ASIAN. Beinc is from sandiago which I believe isnt far from you? so If he has the same definition idea as the rest of us let it go man just let it go. No point in trying to start a Flame war here so again please just let it go.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
my opinion...people hate on our cars because they cant afford them. hell, they cant even afford real mods to cars. people are dumb because these cars were never meant to be in the same category as theirs. hondas and whatnot were meant to be economy cars unless you buy the beefed up version of them from the dealers. some people take a civic and build it right in their garages but they are rare as it is. instead, we just have the posers driving around making them look bad.
Bang on buddy! :fing02:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ok Here It Is...

There are a lot of people who are "ricers" because they do the mods to their cars to make them look faster then they really are. As for those who "hate" on our cars its all personal opinion. A lot of people cant afford our 300s. There are some however who could but chose to buy the cheap import and build it up themself.

Ive owned nothing but imports until my new 300c and i loved them. (all subarus) They were amazing cars for what they were. But like someone stated above, our cars are on a whole different level then most imports.

Point is we love our cars for what they are and dont diss others for their rides so i think people should do the same for us.

If you think your ride is faster, pull next to me at light and give me the signal. I will probably smoke you but im not going to trash talk you so dont trash talk me.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly what ive been trying to say ^^^^^ but you said it in less words :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah im not one of those "give peace a chance" kinda guys but seriously some people fight over this stuff like little kids.

If your old enough to own your own car you should be mature enough to handle it too.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Those who own the rice rockets have developed their culture just as we who own LX's have developed ours. Bottom line it is for the love the cars we own, no matter how we express it. Appreciate the celebration of the automobile, its kinda like sex if you did it the same everytime it would be boring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everyone is entitled to there own opinions. I have owned nothing but imports and I have loved all of them. American cars do have fame of being POS but I think that the car manufactures are fixing that issue. 5 maybe 6 years ago IMO jap cars were a million times better than american cars when it came to reliability and looks. I think that Mopar stepped there game up when they came out with the LX and to be honest I have not have any major issues with my car but only time will tell.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have close friends that have had a lot of problems with amercan made cars in the past but they are getting better. And after my switch from import to 300c ill never go back.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts