Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 300c AWD. I now want the 6.1L engine and with the prices falling, I wont be waiting too much longer. Is there any forseeable problem with AWD sytem creates for this swap? Has it been done yet ?

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
good luck

I'm sure someone somewhere has done it. It should be nearly a bolt in job, but you need to allow some money for a transfer case upgrade!

I almost bought a wrecked SRT8 for a project car, the engine sold for 3 grand complete with only 6500 miles!

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
That's because crate hemis are really expensive, I think in the $6k range, a PPP hemi costs a bit more than that, but hey, 426 :D Might as well go all out eh?

I wouldn't worry much about the transmission, they were used up until a year or two ago in the top of the line AMGs because of their durability. However, yeah, being an AWD setup you might have some work to do.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think this is a great idea! Wit the prices falling like you said, and now there are more wrecks available, I was wondering about putting the 6.1 in my 05 Hemi Ram 4x4.
I understand the 5.7 and the 6.1 are basically the same engine block but the 6.1 is bored and has some different parts. So it should work. Good luck and post some pics when you get it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts