Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, about to go on holidays in a few days, rather than travel 3000km's+ on my 24" tyres I removed and fitted my factory 18" alloys with out the TPMS sensors which have been relocated in my 24" rims, but before I did this I thought I would try to see what happens if I disconnect the TPMS receiver located in the right hand rear while I am removing the 24's, well it has been 2 days now and the 24's are in my trailer packed waiting for the trip and my EVIC is showing that I have over 30 PSI in the tyres fitted without the TPMS even after taking it for 30 minute drive shortly after the swap.

Has anyone ever tried this before? Obviously this wouldn't work if the EVIC had registered 1 flat tyre and the other were still running the TPMS.

Anyone got an answer for me?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I suspect with all four missing that there is some kind of default fail-safe that keeps the computer system somewhat happy.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect with all four missing that there is some kind of default fail-safe that keeps the computer system somewhat happy.
Don't really know mate? I'm sure that I read somewhere that when others changed over to 22's their EVIC was beeping about the TPMS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts