Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my predator and installed 91 Oct cai tune, set my rev limit to 6150 raised neutral to 4500 and left all alone. My thing is @ wot tranny shifts at stock rpm! But isn't it supposed to shift where I set it?
And turning mds off what does that do?

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
bump.,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
And turning mds off what does that do?
Well not sure if this is what you were asking, but turning the MDS off is just that. The Engine just wont shut down half the engine while your cruising. The MDS is kinda why we get 28 mpg on the highway with these big 5.7L hemis. I dont see the point in turning it off because all youll be doing is going through that gas a lot faster.

As for the the other problem, try calling the company and see if they can help you troubleshoot through it. I wish i could help more with the predator but i dont have one.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Turning off MDS would keep it from the dreaded 4 cylinder drone if you have an aggressive exhaust... that's about it in practical terms....

I don't know about the shift points, I don't have a predator. Not sure if there is an existing thread here on this issue, but may be one around.... until the predator guru's come back since they are probably out storming around in their rides.. ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Engage the Rambit signal (our version of the Bat signal) :biggrin:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Chris, lets try this. You are using 9.04 right, go to quick adjust and set your shift firmness to raised, then go down to shift points (I believe it's called) and set it for 6000 and go out and give that a run and see what you do!

·
Banned
339 Posts
Chris, lets try this. You are using 9.04 right, go to quick adjust and set your shift firmness to raised, then go down to shift points (I believe it's called) and set it for 6000 and go out and give that a run and see what you do!
This is the answer as I read the post he raised the rev's not the shift points. I would also bring the revs up to 6200 or 6250 so you don't hit rev limiter!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
This is the answer as I read the post he raised the rev's not the shift points. I would also bring the revs up to 6200 or 6250 so you don't hit rev limiter!

Didn't even catch that..... good catch Mike and Buz....

Bet that's the issue....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks for the helpful support! That was the case here I didn't increase shift point the car just roars now. :0).last night I just got a kill of a volkswagon Vr6 modded with my new tune! Thing opens up especially on the high way.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I use the tune with lower octane gas like the 87 or is it 89 octane tune? Will swithcing them harm the engine? And I am not getting close to 28 mpg on high way my car rats gas is there a way to fix that? I usually don't have a heavy foot lol but I thnk I was avg 16.5 mpg high way and town!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Can I use the tune with lower octane gas like the 87 or is it 89 octane tune? Will swithcing them harm the engine? And I am not getting close to 28 mpg on high way my car rats gas is there a way to fix that? I usually don't have a heavy foot lol but I thnk I was avg 16.5 mpg high way and town!
Using lower octane gas will reduce power output by the knock sensors detecting the onset of knock and pulling timing. Long term, using lower-than-tuned-for-octane may harm the engine.
You just experienced the best ride in your "C" that you ever had. You do not want to go back to less power. 16.5 MPG combined is not all that bad. Your problem going forward will be to resist the urge to unleash the potential at every stop sign, traffic light, on-ramp, etc., knowing that if you want to play you will have to pay!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
The only custom "tunes" on the Predator are 91 and 93 octane (with and without CAI). For 89 and possibly 87 octane you keep the stock Chrysler tune. You can still firm up the shifts, raise the speed limiter etc.

·
Registered
426 Posts
if you turn off MDS you probably won't get in the 25+ MPG. My SRT gets 21 MPG on the highway with the Predator and 15 MPG in the cityand it doesn'y have the MDS.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for clearing that up. I like the new tune I now need to work on suspension mods ;0)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts