Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I get in my 300c SRT8 and I get cut off time after time...I get dirty looks, I get snickered all the time by people that own other make of cars.

I then get in my Megacab and other vehicles everything is fine. No body cuts me off, not dirty looks nada, notin'... Have you noticed this?????:soapbox:

Moose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For the two months I've had my car, all I hear is "awesome" car, etc etc. Now, if my 300C turns me into a different driver, i.e. arrogant, feeling I can do anything, own the road mentality, then I would expect to be cut off, etc.

Truthfully, the 300C makes me feel like I do own the road. I assume people who cut others off don't do it solely because of the cars make or looks, but maybe they saw something in the way the car is being driven - slightly more aggressive for instance.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Moose,
I honestly can't say that I get cut off or get nasty looks. Most other drivers who somehow show an interest in my car tend to give me a :fing02: ....except for the semi truck driver who flipped me off after a huge piece of metal flew off his rig and smashed into the side fender of my C.

Maybe it's because I don't drive an SRT...not sure though. Hope the situation gets better for you!

bruno

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have noticed something opposite.
I usually leave plenty of space between me and preceding car and very rarely someone tries to accelerate and cut me off or squeeze in. Also, I almost never get anyone sitting on my rear bumper. I think SRT is plenty intimidating for most people.
I was driving my wife's tribeca for a couple of days, and could not believe the difference. Leaving more than one car space in front provoked immediately a someone's reaction to cut me off. It was pretty annoying!

M

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I am a road rager.. I give people very nasty looks and my general posture is such that no one pulls that with me.. They never know, I could have a machine gun in the trunk.... :)

But if you REALLY want to see what it's like to get dicked with by everyone on the road, get a Vette.. It's terrible because everyone on the road suddenly becomed Michael Schumacher, even the guy in the Minivan with the teeny cojohnes, grows a set to defend his "manhood" as if his wife had no choice in him driving a Momwagon...

It's terrible I tell ya... I had punks in a Honda Civic HB try to run me off the road because I would not race them. It almost ended VERY badly for them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I haven't noticed anybody driving differently...the only thing I've noticed is that people don't give the car enough credit...one guy I've know for a long time thinks that he'll wipe the floor with me using his '02 Grand Prix...
I get ALOT of "nice car man!" and that's about all I've noticed.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
*thinks about that*

You know how in video games you can play against a ghost version of yourself? It'd be awesome if I could find someone that drives identically to me, and then get another car and watch myself drive.

Then I'd know if I was being a jerk or not!

Seriously, I think it's a little of both - lots of people on car sites OTHER than the LX sites seem to dislike the LX cars in a very strong way, and it'd seem like this is because they're not lemming cars. eg, a lemming midsize looks like this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

Then chrysler comes along and has this:

(actually, the 300's been around before most of those)

·
Registered
79 Posts
The front end of the 300 is very bold and aggressive and kind of says GET OUT OF MY WAY!! Some weak minded drivers may be subconsciously offended by it.:twak:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Oh I've had plenty of disrespect, and plenty of respect :D But I tend to be a pretty nice guy as far as letting people pass goes. I think ;)

The biggest trouble IMHO are minivans!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I noticed the haters when I first got the car. Why do you thing I put this as my signature? Look down a little!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Like OoTLink says (and quite effectively illustrates) , our cars are like no others. I was one of those so-called "early adopters"; my '05 is one of the first ones made, I remember shopping around to find a dealer that would sell me one at list price and thinking I'd gotten a deal. Almost four years later, I still get "nice car, man" when I'm in the parking lot. My midnight blue bone stock 300C still gets washed just about every week and it still looks as sharp as the day I bought it, literally off the truck in the dealer's lot.

Gotta love this car - but with love must come hate in this world still ruled by that bitch-goddess Envy. No, I can't recall being cut off on the road, but I can believe the stories. More common, though, are times when I pass another C on the road, as if by kismet I look over at the other driver, and he glances over at me, and I give him the ol' thumbs up. Just some quiet solidarity between fellow cogniscenti.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts