Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Have you put V-speed rated tires on your SRT/SRT8?

Any regrets? Anything you noticed in particular? Would you do it again?

What brand of tires did you use?

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have 20 in. siped ZR rated tires on both my SRT wanna be Jeep (see signature and showcase) and my 300C SRT8. I don't think I'd do it again on either. The noise level (harder rubber) is higher and the rides are much firmer than lesser rated tires. Additionally, I don't really need high speed rated tires so, IMO, they're not worth the $$$$. I've had the Jeep up to 137 mph and the 300 up to about 125 several times, but it's probably not something I make a regular habit of doing. The highways where I live have 80 mph speed limits so it's not uncommon for me to get up to the range of 90-110 mph somewhat commonly. With either vehicle, it doesn't take long to get from 80 mph to over 100 mph but, IMO, I don't think I need tires rated for 149 plus mph with only occasional bursts to a little over 100 mph.

All of my tires are Toyo Proxes STII's.

Reactions: CanadaCraig

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of my tires are Toyo Proxes STII's.
Thanks for the reply.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires on my car. Y speed rated. Great tries. They really tires. Especially in the rain. But with only 12,000 miles on them - they are more than half worn out. I drive like a little old lady most of the time. I never EVER do 'burn outs' or 'smoke shows'. I bought them mostly because of the high tread rating of 500. But the Toyo Proxes 4 tires that were on it before lasted much longer even though they have a tread wear rating of just 300. That all said... I'm with you. I don't need tires rated for 149 mph or higher. Are those Toyo Proxes STII tires on the 300C actually truck tires? Are they V speed rated? And if so... did those lower speed rated tires negatively effect how your 300C SRT8 felt? [Was the steering not nearly as precise or whatever]

Thank you
Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts