·
Registered
9,851 Posts
you're spot on about the ebay John,friggin horrible car in my eyes tho,soz

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Each to their own Ray. I have a convertible as my second car so I wouldn't want a 300C one - and I don't see the point in Lambo doors - but then with my build no-one would!! Certainly different though and nice to have its owner as one of us.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
my wife has a convertible too,(you wont catch me in that unless I'm taking it to the garage)yes it is nice to have another "C" owner on this forum but I cant help not liking the car,yes,each to their own I know but I would feel a complete [email protected] seen driving in something like that.Sorry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its all about preference.

I have never had the desire to have the same car as everyone else.

I have always built hotrods for the street and dragsters for fun.

I build limos in the states from allsorts of vehicles.

This car is not meant to be the same as any other ,thats the point, no matter where it goes it is different.

No Chav could ever do this unless he/she had £35k spare , and thats just for the mods.

The 3.5v6 is very underated , it has reasonable torque but no where near the hemi but it will rev clean past 7000rpm and make big horsepower at the top end. Its very easy to map it sensibly and have a nice smooth torque curve.

I have a Viper V10 powered superbee truck which has awesome power but most is unusable.

Some of us refuse to conform to the norm.

The pics dont do the car justice, in the flesh it looks very different.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I know its down to taste but the "C" in the UK is pretty rare anyway,that is one of the reasons I bought it,so messing with its inner and outer beauty to me is a no-no,its already sort of retro looking.As far as the v6 engine goes,maybe it is underrated but with the extra weight of strengthening of the floor(due to the roof and roof bars giving loads of torsional strength missing)the power plant must be struggling a little and as far as the handling,well how does the scuttle shake feel,especially over all the pot holes and bumps in the roads we have but good luck with it anyway

·
Registered
221 Posts
I know its down to taste but the "C" in the UK is pretty rare anyway,that is one of the reasons I bought it,so messing with its inner and outer beauty to me is a no-no,its already sort of retro looking.As far as the v6 engine goes,maybe it is underrated but with the extra weight of strengthening of the floor(due to the roof and roof bars giving loads of torsional strength missing)the power plant must be struggling a little and as far as the handling,well how does the scuttle shake feel,especially over all the pot holes and bumps in the roads we have but good luck with it anyway
Inner Beauty???????

I love my C but that's stretching it a little. (if you're refering to the interior)

I'm also 42, and perhaps it's a thing of our generation but loved the individually 'customised' cars of the 70's and I guess this car reminds me of them - not your chav Maxx Power mobile discos - at least it's individual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No scuttle shake , as i said ive been building dragsters and limos for along time ,ive stretched many 300,s V6,and v8 inc SRT,s so i know all the weak and strong points, The diesel is by far the best and if you want a real drag race go up against the new 3.6 Twin turbo diesel , it runs low 13,s and is very impressive.

The V6 copes easily with the extra weight, i have,nt noticed any detremental effects since having the roof conversion.Though i did,nt buy it to go screaming around in , i have other toys for that purpose.

I wanted a large family convertible with plenty of room in the rear, i looked at allsorts , BMW,Merc etc but nothing had the rear room the 300 has thats why i had it and chopped the roof off. Now i have something very few others have and mine is completely different to even the other soft tops, the air ride technologies suspension is fantastic, it corners like its on rails even with 5 full grown men in it.

So im a happy bunny, for a while , then i,ll sell it and use my next toy which arrives in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
who wears short shorts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think the car looks great, not for me, but still looks great and I would be one of the guys admiring and pointing as it drove by. How does it look with the roof up?

Everyone has their own taste, like me who likes the 'chav' BMW angel eyes and I LOVE the Audi LED lights.

Most or infact ALL of my friends would NOT buy a 300C, they wouldn't even look at one. They all know that I have an 'old mans' tatse in cars as they call it, but at the same time they all agree that the 300C is a beautiful car. My friends are into scoobys, evo's, cossie's, skylines, 350z, m3, etc etc. All also very nice cars, but I wouldn't buy one for myself. At the same time I wouldn't slagg them off for their taste.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
They all know that I have an 'old mans' tatse in cars as they call it, .

Propus, I am only 34, and now I feel like I've got an old mans car, should have saved me some money and got a Rover 75.

I think it appeals to certain individuals, rather than an age group, any way, can't stop, must go and put my slippers on and clean my flat cap

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Propus, I am only 34, and now I feel like I've got an old mans car, should have saved me some money and got a Rover 75.

I think it appeals to certain individuals, rather than an age group, any way, can't stop, must go and put my slippers on and clean my flat cap

Hehe, sorry I didn't mean to make anyone feel old. I agree it appeals to certain individuals, but I also think that the majority of owners are older. Due to two reasons:
1. Cost
2. It's not a typical 'young persons' style of car.

I'm 29 and had a 3 series when I was 20 which was considered a cool car at the time, if a bit pimpy (lowered, body kit, sports exhaust, smoked out lenses, big spoiler, K&N, etc etc) lol. I got my 5 series when I was 22 which was a 5 door family saloon car and left standard except for clear indicators and an induction kit(for the sound) and I got a ribbing for it being an old family mans car. Bought my 7 series when I was 24 (standard except for crystal rear lenses to clean it up a bit) which I got an even bigger ribbing for it being an even older mans car. I've always liked 'nice' big cars, never been into anything sporty looking (I made the mistake of buying an FTO which I sold on after a couple of months - I hated it, friends and family thought is was sweet!).

I see it as not being an older mans car, but a more refined style of car. Nothing way out there screaming look at me, but at the same time the way it's been put together just oozes style with some subtle aggression.

Maybe I'm talking bu****it here, but it's my 2p and others car agree or dissagree as they like. I don't mind if someone thinks I'm wrong and they are right because we all have our own taste and make our own choices for our own reasons.

The good thing is that however we decide to pimp our rides, be it some added leg support on the drivers door or some fully blown convertible with big rims, we all have chosen to drive a splendid car with some of the best styling I have seen for many years.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
There is a thread in Aussie Forum about members' age groups. Many "young" members in Australia. In my opinion 300C is an object of timeless art itself. Thank God we are all different.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
:pat: I'm 19.. jeeze im gettin' old.
apart from the lambo doors,thats what I call a "RAT" and I like it,just needs the hemi to be an absolute killer:fing02:.Needs be dirtier,sorry Stef.lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts