Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day started by me going to Long Island to pick my kids and on the way there i was stuck in traffic and car stalled,if you remember the other night I had the malfuction light come on after my wife gas the car.The computer in the car is coming up with the code P0406 which I think it is a gas sensor dont remember,dont know if I have to change.The car started up and had no problems again.So I get to my kids house and told them I hope we make it home to Staten Island which is about an hour away.So I started back home and there is a lady driving in front of me and there is a piece of wood in the middle of the street and instead of driving around it she drives over it the wood flies about 10ft in the air and hits my windsheild.Crackes the hole windsheild,I said it shouldnt be to bad it just hit the window,so I get out of the car and see that it also hit my hood so I have damage there also.I called my insurance compant and I am coverd for the glass but have a $1000 deductable.Thank god it didnt come threw the windsheild.And to end a bad afternoon it took me 3hrs to get home which only takes an hour!Here are pics of windshield and hood:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Well the day started by me going to Long Island to pick my kids and on the way there i was stuck in traffic and car stalled,if you remember the other night I had the malfuction light come on after my wife gas the car.The computer in the car is coming up with the code P0406 which I think it is a gas sensor dont remember,dont know if I have to change.The car started up and had no problems again.So I get to my kids house and told them I hope we make it home to Staten Island which is about an hour away.So I started back home and there is a lady driving in front of me and there is a piece of wood in the middle of the street and instead of driving around it she drives over it the wood flies about 10ft in the air and hits my windsheild.Crackes the hole windsheild,I said it shouldnt be to bad it just hit the window,so I get out of the car and see that it also hit my hood so I have damage there also.I called my insurance compant and I am coverd for the glass but have a $1000 deductable.Thank god it didnt come threw the windsheild.And to end a bad afternoon it took me 3hrs to get home which only takes an hour!Here are pics of windshield and hood:
That is a horrible day...didn't see pic though?

Stay positive and as you mentioned thank goodness the wood didn't fly through the windshield..otherwise you'd be in the hospital or WORSE...the car can be fixed.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,my wife was using the 300 thats the car thats having the problem with the code.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
This is what happened to a rental Caddilac I drove a couple years ago... driving along, two lane road, pouring the rain, semi goes by in opposite direction and someting flies up and strikes the windshield so hard it practically stuns us with the sound. We didn't/couldn't stop because of traffic and the rain, but this is what it looked like the next day... note it is directly in line with the steering wheel!

Here's how it looked from outside the car...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about but it happen so fast and by the time I relized what happend she was gone.Also had to make sure the kids were alright.Just glad didnt happen around the time the meet you guys are planning,the car is going to the shop for a few days.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem is everybody thats around us that dont give a f**k about anybody else sh*t!
Wondering if anybody has a good product to get a dig out of the hood.Went outside and buffed out the markes,and it doent look as bad as I thought.I know the body shop has to make money but a dig like the size I have on the car is not worth my detucable of $1000.He wants to replace the hole hood and he told me he has to paint the fenders to match.I thought maybe there is a product that i could use to get it out.Thanks

·
Banned
651 Posts
that does suck frankieo, look on the bright side i guess you didnt die. talk to the body shop and see if they can put the lightest shade of tint available on your new windshield. it will compliment your murdered out look

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again guys,now that a few days has gone bye I realize like Jrod said at least I didnt die or get hurt real bad and that my kids were alright.Windshield being fix on Monday,the hood they have to replace so the car would go into the body shop in the next two weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts