Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So the 2007 300C 5.7 SRTdesign I bought my dad for his bday overheated and blew the head gasket. I've already torn into it and got the heads sent off to a machine shop. I've been a mechanic most of my life so I'm very familiar with how Chryslers drop valve seats so even tho it didn't drop any this time I'm just gonna go ahead and get oversized seats put in and also having them pinned in place so there's no way they'll ever fall.

So while I'm here i figured I might as well get a nice high performance head gasket in there since i figure it'll hold much better than the oem ones, specially since the car will stay mostly stock.

So any specific brand you guys recommend for stock bore? Any other advice is also welcome!

Here are some pics of the tear down.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Hello all! So the 2007 300C 5.7 SRTdesign I bought my dad for his bday overheated and blew the head gasket. I've already torn into it and got the heads sent off to a machine shop. I've been a mechanic most of my life so I'm very familiar with how Chryslers drop valve seats so even tho it didn't drop any this time I'm just gonna go ahead and get oversized seats put in and also having them pinned in place so there's no way they'll ever fall.

So while I'm here i figured I might as well get a nice high performance head gasket in there since i figure it'll hold much better than the oem ones, specially since the car will stay mostly stock.

So any specific brand you guys recommend for stock bore? Any other advice is also welcome!

Here are some pics of the tear down.

Get new head bolts,the old ones will be streched. Good chance to
put a set of headers on.Cometic gaskets are good,ARP HEAD BOLTS.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the heads back today, so figure I'll just post updates in this thread in case maybe one day it can help someone out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts