Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring. I currently has the Boston Premium upgraded speakers. The current speakers on my Dash and front are starting to go. Especially the doors as it is getting up there in age. I was wonder what are some good brands of speakers to go with for the dash and the front door speakers.

I have read that the dash are 3.5 and the fronts 6x9. Though, a lot of people are putting 6x5 components instead. Why is that? Also, I'll lose the third dash speaker located in the middle but I heard that is a good way of going anyway due to sound quality.

As for the head unit, I'd like to upgrade that also at some point. I'd like to get a larger screen style head unit. But, I know nothing about them what so ever. I'd probably also need an AMP for my speakers as I don't think the head units amp will be able to power all the speakers properly.

Anyway, whats some good brands for speakers and the head unit and what sizes should I go with?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
3.5 & 6x9 front speakers are correct.

I went with a 3-way component set in my car from Hertz. Love the way it sounds.

That upgrade required a different amplifier so I installed an Audison unit.

Upgrading the amplifier meant I had to get a harness adapter to send the digital signal from the stock amp to the aftermarket amplifier.

So, having said all that...

Speakers:

Hertz
Morel
Alpine

Amps:

Pick it. I like my Audison but there are a lot of good ones out there. I'd pick the amp after you pick the speakers so you have enough of the right power to drive the speakers.

Alpine
Kenwood
Audison
Kicker, etc...

Head units - Well, what kind of functionality do you need?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Maddog is spot on. I would add Polk Audio to the list of speakers.

Reactions: MADDOG

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Yup ^^^good choice as well for speakers^^^

Really, it boils down to what sounds good to you. I'd go listen to some stuff before making a purchase decision.

Generally I recommend that the head unit, amplifier and speakers found in most of the stock systems be replaced.

The Alpine system isn't bad but needs more bass, IMHO. If I had one of those I'd just add an aftermarket sub, sub amp and remote gain control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts