Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much have any of you paid for complete header and cat-back installation? I'm considering doing it myself, but might pay to have it done if the price is reasonable or if it's a real PITA.

I've built a few engines, rebuilt a couple auto trans and have installed way too many exhausts and headers in my day, so I have no problem jumping into a project. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
higherpowerguy

I am having it done this weekend..Header back...I dont want to deal with it
BobCav said:
How much have any of you paid for complete header and cat-back installation? I'm considering doing it myself, but might pay to have it done if the price is reasonable or if it's a real PITA.

I've built a few engines, rebuilt a couple auto trans and have installed way too many exhausts and headers in my day, so I have no problem jumping into a project. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
moparmania had installed his headers himself in like 4-5 hours.gsmotorsports here in L.A. installes the headers for $800.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
srtdan said:
moparmania had installed his headers himself in like 4-5 hours.gsmotorsports here in L.A. installes the headers for $800.
Thanks man, but....$800!!! YGTBSM!!! I've rebuilt whole engines for less than that!!! They're only headers and piping, not first stage gas turbine nozzles!!! WOW, that's WAY too much for a couple hours work that I can do myself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i agree,im lookin for a cheaper place too

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOOHOO!! I have a UPS shipping number for my headers from DynaMaxx...they'll be here TOMORROW!!!

Now if I could just get that Corsa exhaust I can get started!

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Dynatech headers where installed for $300. I took the guy about 4 hours to do it by him self. $75/hr is the going shop rate in central NC.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My headers should be here tomorrow, but still waiting on the Corsa so...

I'll just have them both done at the same time and I'm calling tonight for quotes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Corsa

BobCav said:
My headers should be here tomorrow, but still waiting on the Corsa so...

I'll just have them both done at the same time and I'm calling tonight for quotes.
I was told the Corsa Exhaust 5.7 manufacturing should start the 14th of Jan and I guess a week after that the latest for delivery.. I am having their Catback system installed at a well known local speed shop. Corsa is one of the brands they handle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
BobCav said:

I paid $285.00 for the install and had Borla's on already which they had to take off and reinstall. $800 a little steep IMO, shop around.

·
Registered
138 Posts
any installers in los Angeles wanna step up n get some business?you will get a ton if the prices are resonable

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I doubt installers are trolling the forums looking for buisiness.
You'll have to call around and then post when you find a good reputable installer (with permission of course).

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya know what? I've rebuilt automatic transmissions, engines and installed headers before and as a military retiree for $4.50/hr I can use the lift bay and all the tools I need at the local Air Force Base Auto Hobby Shop! Right now, that sounds like the best deal! Besides, I gotta save a few bucks for the wedding! Just spent $2300 on headers and exhaust and another $225+ on a Remote Start and my fiancee didn't bat an eyelash.....

God I Love her!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure you use the Breslin header bolts .

Fogey

·
Registered
11 Posts
Talk to your local Chrysler dealer. I had them do my Dynatech header install for $400.00. Its a Chrysler service flat rate job. No hourly rates apply. I thought it was well worth the $'s to have a factory cert mechanic do the job, plus if you run into code issues, its in the right hands. (sort-of )

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm totally with you on the dealership. Can someone point me in the right direction for Long Tube Headers. I have a Borla Cat Back and I've seen Mopar Long Tube Headers postings, does Borla not have any? What are the performance gains with the headers installed?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I did mine myself at the local Air Force base Auto Hobby Shop. Only $4.50/hr for a lift bay and that includes tools! It took about 5 actual hours, have not had a sincle CEL code (took my time with the connectors) and it is AWESOME!! Thanks everyone for the ideas, but I just saved myself about $350 in labor, plus the group buy discount, plus the soon to be delivered Corsa exhaust, I'll have saved about $750 total! Almost pays for the Corsa's (at my prize winning price, of course!) :banana:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ricci Alexander said:
I'm totally with you on the dealership. Can someone point me in the right direction for Long Tube Headers. I have a Borla Cat Back and I've seen Mopar Long Tube Headers postings, does Borla not have any? What are the performance gains with the headers installed?
Dynatech SuperMaxx system is a great long tube set-up. I picked up quite a bit of mid-high range torque and HP. Here's a link to the best guy to buy from:
http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=271

1 - 20 of 21 Posts