Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put headers and mid-pipe on my 2012 300 srt8. I just went back after a couple heat cycles and tightened all the header bolts again.. sounds like there's still a ticking at idle and air spitting slightly when the car is under load.. I can't tighten the bolts anymore without snapping one.. anyone else have this problem? Gaskets are lined correctly.. is it just the valves are louder bc of the long tubes or the jba gaskets just suck.. suggestions??

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Firstly, NEVER use their gaskets. Always OEM or equivalent, the aftermarket guys give you crap it seems.

Second, the noise can be very different switching from heavy cast iron to tubing. Some ticking type sounds are normal through thin headers.

Third, one post in one place please. Others will be deleted.

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
^ This...

I presume you went long tunes as your stock ones were shorty headers. Long tunes do tick as Steve said, it's just the difference in resonance of the exhaust against the thinner sidewall.

Also make sure you used OEM gaskets for sure or they will leak.

Basically... Everything Steve said ..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
With long tube headers do you still pass emissions? Was going to do borla exhaust and headers swap and was wondering about that?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
With long tube headers do you still pass emissions? Was going to do borla exhaust and headers swap and was wondering about that?
Depends on your local laws.

If you live in Cali, then the headers must have a CARB certification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts