Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Borla aggressive exhaust system and am looking at getting some headers, and was wondering if there was one that was more compatable with this exhaust then the other.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Borlas and added Hedman HTC headers. I love the combination because they arenearly as quiet as stock...until you hit the go pedal....then what a sweet sound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to make any modifications or were they more or less plug and play? If you did how much work am I looking at?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It pretty much plug and play, but the header are a little work to put on, cause you have to lift on side of the motor, but that is true for any of the headers...I think

·
Registered
364 Posts
It'll probably cost $500 to $600 to get them installed. That's what it cost to put headers on my 5.7 when I had it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generaly speaking how much added power do you get from adding headers to your motor? I know it varies depending on your other mods, I am just wondering if it is worth it or not.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It pretty much plug and play, but the header are a little work to put on, cause you have to lift on side of the motor, but that is true for any of the headers...I think
No need to lift the motor with the Dynatechs. With the car on ramps, they slid right in. Getting to a few of the bolts were a challenge but doable.

Generally speaking how much added power do you get from adding headers to your motor? I know it varies depending on your other mods, I am just wondering if it is worth it or not.
I noticed quite a bit. The car was (still is) a tire shredder after the long-tube header (and high-flow cats) install. Also, the "quiet" Borla got considerably louder the install :biggrin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have herd a lot of good things about kooks LT headers so I have been looking into those. In the end however it all comes down to cost so we will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts