Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought the 300C in for oil change and asked to have the headlights re-aimed. They're the halogen type. Have been aimed a bit too low and too far to the right for my taste. Now with the time change, I drive more in the dark. Of course, the dealer says they're fine. Normally, aiming is not problem; a few tweaks with the screw driver and you're done.
Where are the adjusting screws??? I looked in the service manual and it has real nice diagrams on how to mark off the wall and target areas for the hot spot, but I couldn't find anything on where the adjustment screws are. Anyone who has played with this, the help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
There are oval holes in the top of the rad. cradle, the adjusters are about 4'' down in there. Uses a torx screw.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oval hole adjustment screw moves the lights up and down (which I got adjusted fine). Where's the left/right adjustment? (Boy, the old GM headlights were so much easier - the screws jjust sat there lookin' at ya')

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Anyone have a quick pic of where these guys are at? My left light is a little lower than my right and it's drivin me nuts. (Yeah, I'm kinda a freak that way)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is their seriously no way to adjust horizontal? thats not OK

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maybe this will help
Gary

·
Registered
64 Posts
THANKS A MILLION!!! This is why I love this forum and the second time I've gotten genuinely helpful info. I just aimed my headlights this morning and now they point at the proper height. I didn't have a long enough Torx screwdriver but used a small flathead that fit snugly in the threads. Like a charm!!!

-Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey thanks to everyone who posted this. I re-aimed my headlights when i installed my stealth bulb package and can now see were I'm driving in the dark. Thanks a million.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts