Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned my headlights with an autozone found headlight cleaning kit. They aren't perfect, but they came out SO much cleaner. Would definitely recommend a kit that has sanding pads, polish, and protectant over buying just a polish used on a rag.
Plus, switching to LED, not yet sure of connections, so one side is still HID, the other had a burnt out bulb, so an LED was installed with a local under the hood switch, until i know how to integrate it into the headlight wiring properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I cleaned my headlights with an autozone found headlight cleaning kit. They aren't perfect, but they came out SO much cleaner. Would definitely recommend a kit that has sanding pads, polish, and protectant over buying just a polish used on a rag.
Plus, switching to LED, not yet sure of connections, so one side is still HID, the other had a burnt out bulb, so an LED was installed with a local under the hood switch, until i know how to integrate it into the headlight wiring properly.
I don't mean to sound rude, but genuinely curious - which side in the photo is the before, and which is the after? I didn't see any difference between the two.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
161 Posts
which side in the photo is the before, and which is the after?
To me, it looks like the photo of the whole car is the "before" and the individual headlight photos are the "after."

For me, I use an AS SEEN ON TV product that actually works. Liquid Lustre (it's pink in color). This stuff gets rid of almost all of the hazing on headlight assemblies. Sometimes it takes more than one application, but it does work.

Reactions: Chabelito

·
Registered
13 Posts
To me, it looks like the photo of the whole car is the "before" and the individual headlight photos are the "after."

For me, I use an AS SEEN ON TV product that actually works. Liquid Lustre (it's pink in color). This stuff gets rid of almost all of the hazing on headlight assemblies. Sometimes it takes more than one application, but it does work.
Thanks for the tip about Liquid Lustre. I'll have to look into that. It sounds like with the original poster he was really happy with the end results so I suppose that's really all that matters, and maybe it's just that the photo didn't capture the stark difference I was imagining, some examples being the photos below.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Automotive fog light Headlamp
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip about Liquid Lustre. I'll have to look into that. It sounds like with the original poster he was really happy with the end results so I suppose that's really all that matters, and maybe it's just that the photo didn't capture the stark difference I was imagining, some examples being the photos below.

View attachment 177845 View attachment 177846 View attachment 177847
Yes, that is correct that the whole car shot was the before. I didn't snap any before photos, but they were much like the 1st photo set in this quote and are now VERY clear. I personally find that any sanding disc set would out perform a bottle of polish because you have to consider what's actually happening to the headlight surface. That being said, some headlights have a textured surface and you'd be an idiot to wet sand it with 3,000 grit sand paper, because you will never sand it clean, so in those cases, just use the polish. Some kits with sanding discs have crappy polish, so you would want to avoid those, mainly because half the cost is the polish, 3,000 grit sandpaper is cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts