Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I received a Maxi-Care Extended Warranty and I just brought my car in for an engine ticking problem. I told them about the headlight and showed them. You can clearly tell that the passender side headlight is foggy and the driver side is fine. I didnt do any work to the lamp at all and they said that its not covered in the warranty!? It's suppose to be the best warranty they offer. Does anyone know if thats true, that it wouldn't be covered? Its not ware n tare. Can someone please let me know.
This dealership is by far the worst dealership in California, so if anyone lives in Santa Monica, Ca dont ever bring your car their. It will leave worse than when you brought it, thats how I received the Maxi-Care warranty, cause they F#[email protected]*D my car up so many times they gave it to me. So know I get the problems diagnosed their and then drive it a half hour away and have a different dealer fix it.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
This TSB is for 2006 - 2008 LX's, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be applicable to your 2005 as well - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2303507.pdf.

This happened to bruno's 2005 and ended up blowing the HID lamp. The whole unit had to be replaced under warranty.

Bernie

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
639 Posts
Both mine were replaced under warranty last week. They had a film built up on the inside of the lens.:fing02:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
This TSB is for 2006 - 2008 LX's, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be applicable to your 2005 as well - http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2303507.pdf.

This happened to bruno's 2005 and ended up blowing the HID lamp. The whole unit had to be replaced under warranty.

Bernie
Rambit is absolutely correct. My 2005 was completely covered by the TSB thank goodness. Also, go to a different dealership that treats you with respect. Trust me! You don't want to paying for this replacement out of pocket! Here's the pic from my driver's headlight:
bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Rambit is absolutely correct. My 2005 was completely covered by the TSB thank goodness. Also, go to a different dealership that treats you with respect. Trust me! You don't want to paying for this replacement out of pocket! Here's the pic from my driver's headlight:
bruno

Hey, thanks for replying to this thread. I forgot to tell you about it last night. Your's was the best example I could think of.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Hey, thanks for replying to this thread. I forgot to tell you about it last night. Your's was the best example I could think of.

Bernie
No problem. I don't know how I missed this thread in the first place. And no, I wasn't in the parking lot, but, I did watch American Idol!

bruno

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
No problem. I don't know how I missed this thread in the first place. And no, I wasn't in the parking lot, but, I did watch American Idol!

bruno
Haha, good one. They weren't cleaning the parking lot last night though.

Bernie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts