Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hit a deer last night. It must have been a doe (a deer... a female deer) because luckily not only was she not injured, but the car didn't substain any major damage. I didn't believe her initially, when I didn't see the front end destroyed, but when I checked this a.m., only the lens for the HID lights was broken and some fur was in the license plate. Anyway, I was wondering if I could just replace the lens or would I have to buy the complete HID light component?

·
Registered
255 Posts
you have to buy the complete light!! or try with AAC style, they have some used they might be able to sell.

Passenger or driver side?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the driver's side. If I'll have to buy the complete light, I wonder if I can buy the "regular" light and put that cover on my HID version? Probably will need to tape it off, since rain is imminent. The bulbs are fine and I don't want to damage those.

·
Registered
255 Posts
more then tape it off!You will have to cook your light to be able to remove the lens. The silicone have to be melted. Then you have to get new silicone, I suggest the GE black silicone, not sure the exact part number.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I refered to tape, I was considering using tape on my broken lens until I found a replacement light/lens. I didn't want to cause anymore damage as a result of water reaching the open light/bulb components. I don't see my replacing this before I leave town tomorrow. I found an earlier post, where members "baked" the unit and then pried the plastic lens off. This was the post/thread that gave me hope of just replacing the plastic cover/lens. Once I get the replacement I'll be tackling the glue/bake/lens removal PITA. Guess I'll get it figured out one way or another. C'est la vie! Thanks for conversing with me on this.

·
Registered
683 Posts
A new light housing is about $950 each from the dealer. There are a few guys on some of the other forums selling them for $550 for both sets. I need a passenger side one, maybe we can make an arrangement?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First, let me apologize for the delay in responding. I've been traveling. Also, thanks for offering to help. As it turns out, there was more damage than previously noticed. There's a crack in the front facial as well as damage to the headlight washer and surrounding molding. So to prevent that from becoming an even bigger issue, I've resolved to using my insurance company, to repair and prevent future problems. Therefore I'll go for everything they notice as well as want I can point out, replaced with new OEM stuff. Using the deductible is a lot cheaper than finding out what the wind and water will affect at a later date. Thanks to all that tried to help me out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts