Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that there are 3 types of headlights on the 300C,

Can anyone post a photo of each type or explain how you can tell if the lights are standard, Xenon, or HID

thanks

Stan

·
Registered
633 Posts
Or you could post a pic of yours and someone will tell you what you have :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
the xenon are the HID lights. you can tell by the color of the bulb, the HID will have more of a blue look and be much brighter. You will also have a silver metal box attached to the bottom of the housing, about 3" x 5" this is the ballast. If you look on the back of your head light where the low beam is if there is a wire harness plugged in you have the hallogen, if it has a big rubber cover over it you have the xenon HIDs

·
Registered
683 Posts
I can't tell from that picture. I'd need to see either the back side of the headlight or a picture with your low and high beam on.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yeah the hids and non hids both have projectors for the c's and srt8's and for 08 the other models share the same headlights too!

·
Registered
683 Posts
on the back there are three bulbes, high, low, and blinker. If you can see three wiring harnesses going directly to the bulbs then you have halogens. Also the HID will have a large rubber cap over the low beam part of the housing so you won't see any connector or wiring going to that area.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
It doesn't look like your car has the headlamp washers on the chrome trim beneath the headlight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that all C's with HID have the headlamp washers at least through 2007.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It doesn't look like your car has the headlamp washers on the chrome trim beneath the headlight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that all C's with HID have the headlamp washers at least through 2007.
You are correct. On some point of the 2007 model year they deleted the headlight washers so you need to verify the back of the headlight assembly to know if its HID or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have the halogen headlights, not HIDS, get a nice hid coversion kit and that will be an awsome upgrade for visability. I recomend 6000k. But everyone has there own opinion. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts