Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did my srt front conversion recently and had to put on the dummy washer nozzles. I was just thinking and was wondering if I could T off hood water line hoses to bumper nozzles and make it work or will it even be enough to distribute to all nozzles. Don't know if there is a special or diff pump used for cars equipped with headlight washer nozzles. Just a thought!!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I did my srt front conversion recently and had to put on the dummy washer nozzles. I was just thinking and was wondering if I could T off hood water line hoses to bumper nozzles and make it work or will it even be enough to distribute to all nozzles. Don't know if there is a special or diff pump used for cars equipped with headlight washer nozzles. Just a thought!!
The headlight washer system is all special and different.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
If you want to add them, I imagine you could get the components for the system and work some mod magic... but I don't know. Most people don't like them and disable them as a mod.

For those reading this who want to disable them, here are some instructions:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/242168-post9.html

·
Registered
336 Posts
From what I've read on this forum there is more to it than just teeing off the hose. I think I remember that they wash every fourth windsheild wash or something like that. I've also heard that many folks on the forum here have removed or disabled them. They splash on your nicely shined hood and fender messing up all your hard detailing work.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
From what I've read on this forum there is more to it than just teeing off the hose. I think I remember that they wash every fourth windsheild wash or something like that. I've also heard that many folks on the forum here have removed or disabled them. They splash on your nicely shined hood and fender messing up all your hard detailing work.
yeah, I've been meaning to remove mine for years now,,,,, but since I have been gone about 2/3 of the time I have owned the car, I just haven't got to it yet. Also would like to remove the hood nozzles and fill them in, and have the washer lines go to the wiper arms instead... same reason as above is why it hasn't happened. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the SRT conversion for my car also, and I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do about the washer nozzle holes since I have nothing to put in there. I have searched all over the net, but I cannot find anything at all as far as where I can buy them. I've contacted some auto dismantlers as well, and they don't even carry them. I do not really want to fill them in, I want to keep the nozzle look even if they are non-functional. Any help locating nozzles?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did the SRT conversion for my car also, and I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do about the washer nozzle holes since I have nothing to put in there. I have searched all over the net, but I cannot find anything at all as far as where I can buy them. I've contacted some auto dismantlers as well, and they don't even carry them. I do not really want to fill them in, I want to keep the nozzle look even if they are non-functional. Any help locating nozzles?
moparpartz.com try giving them a call, I ordered online and they messed up my order. They were supposed to be black so I was going to paint cool vanillla, instead they sent me a chrome one and a red one, I sent the red one back and they said they would ship the other one in chrome, i'm waiting on it, but they do have them

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know that there is another system with seperate pumps, but i am doing the same thing, i split off my windsheild washer line and have everything ran, just waiting for the jets to get here, ill let you know how they work. In a normal system the seperate pump would engage every fourth time the widsheild washer fluid is used, i dont personaly use it enough to ever activate them, maybe once or twice a trip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts