Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
At a guess some moisture got in the Front Fuse Box where the final switching on is done and its dried out eventually.

Dont suppose youve been engine washing in that area.

Jack
Yes I suppose that is a possibility :) No engine wash recently. I'll just have to be happy to have a self mending car :) And a spare headlight switch :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I found a solution today and I'm happy :)

It was a retrofitted running light box that caused the problem. It was fitted under the dashboard just behind the light switch. One of the wires for the switch was cut and the running light box inserted between here. I soldered the wires as they were originally and everything works perfect now.

Quite proud because I had 2 mechanics look at it and they didn't know how to fix it :)

I took some photos of it, let me know if anybody needs to see it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just looked through the thread again, and saw that my last post before todays, was that everything was working with no action from me. That was only for a couple of weeks, then the problem was back. But now it's fixed for good (I hope) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a solution today and I'm happy :)

It was a retrofitted running light box that caused the problem. It was fitted under the dashboard just behind the light switch. One of the wires for the switch was cut and the running light box inserted between here. I soldered the wires as they were originally and everything works perfect now.

Quite proud because I had 2 mechanics look at it and they didn't know how to fix it :)

I took some photos of it, let me know if anybody needs to see it.
Hi, if it's still possible, I would like to see the photos. :)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts