Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the last couple of nights that there is fog/condensation inside the headlamp casing. Anyone else have this problem? Known fixes? And while we're on gremlins, I think I hear a whistling noise from the wheels. Only notice when I'm driving next to a building?

The more I read about problems here the more I think I have :confused:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Be wary of odd remedies, I once ruined a fake Rolex by putting it in the oven to get moisture out and forgot about it until I smelled metal. In all seriousness, Cool Vanilla, chill out and enjoy your ride :) , these auto forums can make one a hypochondriac. Headlight condensation should easily be fixed with a new seal from your friendly dealer, my buddy's wife had this same issue on her X5. My X5 had to have new front control arms at 23K!! :mad: . My other buddy's wife's 530i caught fire in the garage from a short in the driver's seat. After a stint with Volvo she went back to lease a new 5 series. People are very forgiving of thier imports, if a Ford or Chrysler nearly caught your house on fire most would say "I'll never buy that piece of junk again" and probably never buy American again (remember I am an import guy, only 7 domestic out of 40+ cars owned). I don't have space to tell about the XK8 issues of another friend. In short, this is a car to enjoy to the fullest and let the warranty take care of issues like any other car :eek: .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take it back to the dealer for a WHOLE NEW ASSEMBLY. Don't try to fix it or let your dealer fix it - Replace the head light assembly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Absolutely, DSMLVR...This thing is new and providing you haven't molested it in any way...you should get a whole new assembly from the dealer, free of charge.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Cant argue with that guys, forget the seal, get a whole new assembly, we only have 3/36 to get these kinds of issues sorted, thankfully 7/70 powertrain.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't touched or modified the bulbs or headlamp assembly. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a common occurrence before I bring it back to the dealer. Of course, during the day, and dependent on the humidity, they probably won't see anything wrong.

·
Registered
477 Posts
about 3 weeks ago i had to have dealer order new headlight assemblies (left and right), i noticed that the black plastic holder(mount) to rear that holds the light had cracks near 1/4 inch slots, in fact one of the slots was gone, on both left and right headlights. i noticed the prob when washing car, had condensation inside both headlights. still havent received parts yet. i have the high intensity option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts