Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 300 srt -8 and the headlight are going off and on independently of each other will come back on when flipping switch off then on but they continue to go off and on a new switch did not help any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How old are the bulbs and are they HIDs? If so that's usually an indication they are at the end of their life

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are HID and about 3years old they come back on when switch is moved from off back to either auto or in but soon start flashing again

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
One side or both? If one side swap the bulbs over and see what happens then.

My old 2008 had that problem about 3 years ago. Replaced the bulbs and all was OK.

Though I have heard bad ballasts can cause a similar problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One side or both? If one side swap the bulbs over and see what happens then.

My old 2008 had that problem about 3 years ago. Replaced the bulbs and all was OK.

Though I have heard bad ballasts can cause a similar problem
Both lights independently of each other

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 300 srt -8 and the headlight are going off and on independently of each other will come back on when flipping switch off then on but they continue to go off and on a new switch did not help any ideas ?
I had that problem on my 2015 C. After swapping out the HID lamps.... It turned out to be the fuses. There is not much contact area on the blades and they get hot.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What brand of headlight bulbs are installed currently?

I had that issue when I used aftermarket bulbs and it went away after switching back to an oem manufacturer such as Sylvania/Osram or Philips.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts