Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the headlights any good? Consumer Reports gave the 300 Touring headlights the lowest possible score. The 300C was only one notch above the bottom score. I believe C.R. to be biased in some aspects; however, how could headlights be a victim of this? :confused:

I expect delivery of my 300C any day....after spending an additional $700 on the H.I.D. lights, I hope I don't have to lean out the window with a flashlight to see my way!!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Read the thread "Headlights Suck" in this forum. It has all the info you want.l

Personally, CR has a problem with US cars. The "C" with HID's is great. I have no comlaints about my headlights. Some do, take your pick after you read that thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Consumer reports is way biased. They hate the fact that a domestic brand is beating the $#it out of their week asian cars. Give me a break the headlights whats next the cupholders, windshield wipers or even the glove box. In my opinion these are the best headlights I have had in a vehicle. I bet if they had a chance to do a magazine comparison they would pick themselves as being the best. That's how far they have their head up their a$$.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
frank29 said:
Are the headlights any good? Consumer Reports gave the 300 Touring headlights the lowest possible score. The 300C was only one notch above the bottom score. I believe C.R. to be biased in some aspects; however, how could headlights be a victim of this? :confused:

I expect delivery of my 300C any day....after spending an additional $700 on the H.I.D. lights, I hope I don't have to lean out the window with a flashlight to see my way!!!!
Hi Frank. The H.I.D.'s are very good. I like running our northern forest roads at speed in my C. I need good lights.

Those granola crunchin', birkenstock wearin', cappacuino suckin', pinko toaster experts over at Consumer Reports wouldn't know a good car even if you drove your HID's right up their BVD's!!!

...that feels better - my rant for the night.:p

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
My C HID are excellent, every bit as good as on my X5, well worth the price. Most cars that have non projector beam halogens suck. eg my 04 Sienna lights were awful, my 05 Odyssey with projectors (non HID) are much better than the Sienna, do yourself a favor and use consumer reports for what it is best for, kindling or a$$ wipe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
But does anyone know about the Touring, which is what Consumer Reports really bashes. I am planning on gettin ga Touring and wanted to know whats so bad about them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Touring has regular halogen lights with standard reflectors. Unfortunatly the projector headlight assembly is only available on the "C". C.R. is correct, they are awful just like every other car that doesn't have projector assemblies. The number one reason I got the C instead of a Touring model was to get the HID headlights (#2 was the HEMI). The HIDs work very good. They don't work as well as the road following self leveling HIDs like new BMWs come with but they are much better than any halogens I have ever used. I will never buy another vehicle without HID headlights. I even have Sylvania Xenarc x1010 aux low beam HIDs on my 96 Dodge Dakota. The Xenarc x1010s ($318 at http://www.suvlights.com ) are an option you might consider if you get a touring model.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Remember guys, converting this car to HID has been very difficult, there is a thread on this topic with all it's problems. If you plan to add HID make sure you have talked to someone who has done it, something to do with the resistive electrical system in this platform, try the search for the converting or aftermarket HID thread. I agree with pd171 on the HID however I would accept projector beams as I did in the odyssey, an easy conversion to HID if I want to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts