Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Headliner Replacement

11K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  greedyk 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to forum and really enjoy reading op on all the info posted.
My headliner was replaced because it was cut to short in factory.
The edges of the headliner where sticking out from trim all around the car.
It's fixed now with new headliner and looks great.
I have 2 questions ,
1 anybody else had this problem? (no tsb on this I think)
and 2, above front windshield and rear window where headliner meets glass,
is there suppose to be a trim piece of any kind?
It can almost stick my fingers between headliner and roof!
I would appreciate it if some of you can take a look and let me know if some kind of trim supposed to be there.
Thanks a lot
Gary

#2 · (Edited)
Hi Gary,
I had the windshield replaced last month due to rock damage. When it was finished I noticed no top trim piece. I thought they forgot to replace it, well found out there isn't anything that goes there. Went out on the dealer's lot and none of the 300C had any. Now I just checked and discovered there isn't a top piece on the rear window either.
I guess the little "Fuzzy" pices on the ends of the headliner could be cut or burned off. But I'll just leave it alone.

#3 ·
Welcome to the 300c Forums, greedyk. It's a great place to visit because of all the information you will learn simply by reading and chatting. I also need to replace my windshield and now you have me thinking about taking a second look or photo before having that process done. I don't think I currently have a gap but I have never paid that much attention before.

bruno

#5 ·
Fast300C, I thought it was just the 300Cs coming from the Austrian plant (that is where the Aussie 300s are built) that had the problem of frayed material on the trailing edge of the roof lining as I have never read it anywhere before on the Forum. You only notice it when you get right in and are cleaning the inside of the rear window. I thought the window tint installer had done it but checked every 300C at the dealer and they are all the same in varying degrees.

The Service Department said their only option was to replace the headlining but I needed to be aware it was a major job and I might be plagued with problems like rattles. They would do the job if I insisted. I backed down.

#6 · (Edited)
Hi HEMI57, They did a great job replacing the liner in my car but edges above front and rear window are frayed / fuzzy.
Almost like a ripped pair of jeans or a towel.
It looks unfinished!

Gary

#7 ·
I forgot to mention that i just ordered the leather console cover from 22elite!
First interior mod. I hope it's not to hard to do! Exelent instructions on 22elite website
Posted in wrong thread , sorry

#8 ·
Gary when you talk to 22elite see if he can design a hard leather strip to cover the front/back windows. It could be color matched to the headliner held in place by double sided tape or some style of hook. If they can design one there sure is a market for them, since no 300C has any type of cover now.

#9 ·
Fast300C said:
Gary when you talk to 22elite see if he can design a hard leather strip to cover the front/back windows. It could be color matched to the headliner held in place by double sided tape or some style of hook. If they can design one there sure is a market for them, since no 300C has any type of cover now.
Hey good tip!
Thx fast300C, i am going to send him an email and see what he can do.
gary

#10 ·
greedyk, interesting comment that your replacement headlining is frayed too, even after being replaced. The dumb thing with warranty is, the only option my dealer had was to replace the headlining. I said "why not take it to a motor trimmer and have them shave the fraying" but they reckoned Chrysler would not reimburse them for a repair of that type, only replacement.

#11 ·
The funny thing is if you didn't have any problems with headliner you could of drove your car for 4 year and never noticed it!
But now I know it’s bothering the heck out of me.
Even if they put some kind of vinyl or plastic trim on it wit a couple of fasteners to prevent sagging.
Al they use now is Velcro I think

gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.