Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just recieved an e-mail from SAVV (Savv.com) and they've informed me that they have the OEM prefitted headrest for the 300C. It should be both in 5.6" and 7". For the people who don't know or have purchased Savv products in the past will know that Savv productss are very high end in quality. I currenty have the oem headrest with monitors in my S430 Mercedes. I would highly recommend anyone who is planning on adding i.c.e in there 300c to take a look at this company. If we get enough people maybe we can try a group buy directly from Savv. Here's the e-mail i recieved from Savv:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 300C headrest are available and will take about 7 to 10 days from date of order.

Sincerely,

Michael Lee
SAVV Corporation
International Sales Manager
Product Planning
13336 Alondra Blvd.
Cerritos, CA 90703
Tel. 562.407.1717 Ext 228
Fax. 562.407.1718

·
Registered
127 Posts
Myron & Davis

Myron & Davis say they also have them available. They actually have up to a 8" screen available which is actually 7.8 I beleive. THey can be found here in kits. I assume you can get them with out all the other goodies as well. These kits are pretty decent though. THey do not list the 300C on their site, but I called Myron and Davis and they said the site I am linking below can order the ones for the 300C from them and they are available.

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/Mer...&Product_Code=HRM80AWC2&Category_Code=MDHRPKG

I called Mobilevideo4less.com and they will also allow you to send them your OEM Nav unit and they will give it an Video in for DVD/TV and dedicated auto switching port for a reverse camera. Again 300C is not listed on the site but he said they can do it. I beleive its $599. WHen there is an alternative video source going to the device it overrides the Factory Nav screen.

I think the specs I am posting below are good for the 300C upgrade as well, I pulled it from another brand of vehicle:
when I called he said 300C you MUST SEND UNIT IN. I think they update something in the software on the UNIT as well. Must be a Rom chip.

Video Only Input/Output Module
1 Video Inputs
1 Primary Camera Input (auto switching)
Video Output for Rear Seat Monitors
Universal wiring harness
Integration with OEM Navigation
DSP Compatible
OSD on Navigation Screen (TV Menu on Screen)
Keeps Use of Steering Wheel Controls
Black Powder Coated Aluminum Case (NO Engine Noise)
SCAM PAL, NTSC, RGBS, RGsB, SYNC and Inverted Sync
HDTV Quality Picture
Retains all Factory Navigation Functions
FM Modulator or Aux Adapter Needed for Audio
1 Year Replacement Warranty

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cost is around $1099 for headrest and monitor combo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I plan to get this setup, and then get the OEM Nav upgraded as well.

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/Mer...&Product_Code=HRM80AWC2&Category_Code=MDHRPKG

In my Durango I have a built in computer system with 10.4" touch screen. DVD/GPS/TV/6500 Mp3/Internet/etc. I don't think I am going to even put a PC in this vehicle. The only big advantage would be internet and MP3 storage....Auto PC's are a fun hobby, but you always are putzing with it.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I have a SAVV back-up camera in my Silverado HD. I installed this after I kind of um... ram over one of my cars while backing up. Now I can see what is right behind the truck! The Suburban has a full entertainment system (3 screens, DVD, 12 disk changer, X-Box, satellite radio ect...). Now you guys have me thinking about these "toys" for the C!

2005 Silver 300C - it's home now!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order
2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79
2001 Grand Prix GTP - modified and for sale!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Have dealt with Mobile Video for a system in my Escalade: Myron Davis 7" headrest monitors, DVD & Playstation. Excellent products, wiring, diagrams and phone-in tech support. These guys are #1.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the headsup Redmen. I have never bought from them in the past, but their products looked to be pretty good. I will definately get this stuff when my C comes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
tbyrne said:
I have a SAVV back-up camera in my Silverado HD. I installed this after I kind of um... ram over one of my cars while backing up. Now I can see what is right behind the truck! The Suburban has a full entertainment system (3 screens, DVD, 12 disk changer, X-Box, satellite radio ect...). Now you guys have me thinking about these "toys" for the C!
Would the SAVV back-up camera be compatiable with the factory nav system in the C? I really could use one, before I too run over something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts