Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the community as my obsession for cars is new to me, so as you can imagine I'm desperate for any tips I can get. I bought the 2012 Chrysler 300 Mopar Limited Edition about 6 months ago and have loved it since, but now that I'm used to it's intense power I feel the 363 HP I have to my wheel's isn't enough. Most people don't really know what the difference between a 300 Mopar or 300C so let me clarify; the differences start with the 300 Mopar's interior: it's all black, has carbon fiber panels (instead of wood grain), black perforated leather bucket seats with "Mopar Blue" stitching custom made by Mopar and I think the best addition to the interior is that they don't come without a panoramic sunroof. Now to what really matters, a 300 Mopar has the same standard 300C V8 5.7 HEMI engine, after reading that you're probably thinking, wow what's makes it worthy of being a limited edition? For starter's chrysler switched out the standard 300C's suspension tune and gave the 300 Mopar a sport tuned making the front and rear spring rates 42 and 23 percent stiffer, they also equipped the Mopar with a "Sport Mode" which causes the transmission's gear's to react more quickly and efficiently with precise accuracy (even without auto-stick) which as most of you know is the foundation for a successful take-off. Finally the most important and effective upgrade to the 300 Mopar is the increased final-drive ratio. Just by switching the traditional 300C 3.06:1 unit for the Mopar's 3.91:1 they were able to decrease the Mopar's 0-60 mph to an astonishing 4.8 - 4.9 second range instead of the 300C's 5.9 - 6 second range. Also sport performance break pads were added to handle high speed breaking. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I just wanna get it to it's full potential. Mainly I'd like to find out which Heads/Cams are a good fit with the most improvement's? I also really don't want to be too loud so if there's anything you can tell me on how to quiet them down it'd be appreciated.

Please feel free to give any suggestions on what parts I should be looking for next.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Do you have any mods on the car now?

That's what I'm wondering... He must as he mentioned having 363hp to the wheels... Give us an idea of your mods and we can help from there. Also what kinda budget do you have?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing however I have the 300s edition which is pretty much the same as the Mopar edition (prob exactly the same) but I've added mopar CAI, magnaflow exhaust, B&G Tune 93 octane and Mopar suspension kit. Was also wondering what the positives and/or negatives would be of adding headers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any mods on the car now?
No nothing's been changed it's still in it's stock condition. I really don't know where to start with the mods, most of my car-addict friends told me that first off I should get a heads/cam kit that's why I'm here, but it'd help me figure out exactly what I want for my car and stop me from being discouraged by failed attempts to educate myself (there wasn't anything anywhere about beginner mods for my car which made me feel unsure about what to do) if you could clarify things like which mods I should be looking into as a beginner/intermediate/advanced tuner? What the effect each would have on the performance of the car and how? Which specific beginner mods do you recommend will help increase hp most?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Silver06hemic

Give us an idea of your mods and we can help from there. Also what kinda budget do you have?

Lol I wish but nothing yet. I'm just starting to look into different opinions on what mods to begin with. An my mistake 363 HP **under the hood - not wheel's. I haven't gotten it dyno tested yet, but if my calculations are correct I should be getting somewhere in between 292hp to 296hp to my wheel's. I planned on getting it dynoed much sooner but I decided I'm just going to wait until I give it a little more kick. I wanted to start slowly so I'm keeping my budget relatively low for now maybe between the one and two thousand range to begin with. I feel that if I go slowly with my mods then I'll be able to study and understand each one more thoroughly than if I were to put everything in at once. It's hard for me to go completely on what other people say, if I study each mod well enough I'll learn what goes best with what to produce maximum engine performance. After I'm done I feel I'll independently be able to decide with confidence what to do and what not to. If there are any beginner mods you have in mind I'd love to hear what they are
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
That's what I'm wondering... He must as he mentioned having 363hp to the wheels... Give us an idea of your mods and we can help from there. Also what kinda budget do you have?

Lol I wish but nothing yet. I'm just starting to look into different opinions on what mods to begin with. An my mistake 363 HP **under the hood - not wheel's. I haven't gotten it dyno tested yet, but if my calculations are correct I should be getting somewhere in between 292hp to 296hp to my wheel's. I planned on getting it dynoed much sooner but I decided I'm just going to wait until I give it a little more kick. I wanted to start slowly so I'm keeping my budget relatively low for now maybe between the one and two thousand range to begin with. I feel that if I go slowly with my mods then I'll be able to study and understand each one more thoroughly than if I were to put everything in at once. It's hard for me to go completely on what other people say, if I study each mod well enough I'll learn what goes best with what to produce maximum engine performance. After I'm done I feel I'll independently be able to decide with confidence what to do and what not to. If there are any beginner mods you have in mind I'd love to hear what they are
Thanks

Ok then! :) Well I'm presuming as a 2012 you have lots of warranty left and want to really keep it that way! So to me that would rule out cracking open the motor... Also tuning for the 2012's is a bugger right now as nobody is really tuning them much as of yet... Sooo this gets a little bit trickier! Now you have some deep gears right there so they are getting you your punch in performance! Are you into sound? If so then I would suggest an afe2 or an Airhammer style intake, now for power its not gonna gain you much but it will down the road if you go heads and cam.... In the meantime.... Ohhhh the sound, its a beautiful thing! I would also get setup to get that hemi flowing, like you mentioned earlier, headers and highflow mids and a nice catback will pick you up some ponies for sure, plus once again you get the benefit of it down the road tenfold if you upgrade more. I would also put a cooler thermostat in her, hemi's are stronger at cooler temps, the 180tstat will make your car feel morning crisp and non-heatsoaked all day! It really ia a cheap and effective mod for these cars. Obviously tuning is a big one, diablosport is where to be but I'm just not sure they have cracked the 12's yet. Their tuning boxes are superior for our cars to others and proven time and time again... Plus when you go a little further out and do a cam and or heads down the road tunes are usually written and loaded using their programmers. Other than things like stall converters and tires for traction that's pretty well it until your ready to open the motor and go for some internal work. A 2800 stall converter with your gears would make your car destroy tires in the blink of an eye... But with no real engine mods your just gonna hunt to high in your power band all the time.... Hmmm.... It's tricky as you have a 12. Hope any of my rambling helped...

Reactions: 'MoparOrNoCar'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok then! :) Well I'm presuming as a 2012 you have lots of warranty left and want to really keep it that way! So to me that would rule out cracking open the motor... Also tuning for the 2012's is a bugger right now as nobody is really tuning them much as of yet... Sooo this gets a little bit trickier! Now you have some deep gears right there so they are getting you your punch in performance! Are you into sound? If so then I would suggest an afe2 or an Airhammer style intake, now for power its not gonna gain you much but it will down the road if you go heads and cam.... In the meantime.... Ohhhh the sound, its a beautiful thing! I would also get setup to get that hemi flowing, like you mentioned earlier, headers and highflow mids and a nice catback will pick you up some ponies for sure, plus once again you get the benefit of it down the road tenfold if you upgrade more. I would also put a cooler thermostat in her, hemi's are stronger at cooler temps, the 180tstat will make your car feel morning crisp and non-heatsoaked all day! It really ia a cheap and effective mod for these cars. Obviously tuning is a big one, diablosport is where to be but I'm just not sure they have cracked the 12's yet. Their tuning boxes are superior for our cars to others and proven time and time again... Plus when you go a little further out and do a cam and or heads down the road tunes are usually written and loaded using their programmers. Other than things like stall converters and tires for traction that's pretty well it until your ready to open the motor and go for some internal work. A 2800 stall converter with your gears would make your car destroy tires in the blink of an eye... But with no real engine mods your just gonna hunt to high in your power band all the time.... Hmmm.... It's tricky as you have a 12. Hope any of my rambling helped...

Haha don't worry I know how it feel's to get worked up when talking about cars and it really did thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts