Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is normal but for the last few days whenever I turn on the car and turn the fan setting from off to on I hear a thump or a loud click coming from the front of the car. Another strange thing i've noticed is i'm getting ice cold air coming out of my vents when the a/c isn't even turned on??! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with a/c but i've noticed puddles of water under the car. Just wondering what you guys think.

·
Registered
159 Posts
300Con23s said:
Not sure if this is normal but for the last few days whenever I turn on the car and turn the fan setting from off to on I hear a thump or a loud click coming from the front of the car. Another strange thing i've noticed is i'm getting ice cold air coming out of my vents when the a/c isn't even turned on??! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with a/c but i've noticed puddles of water under the car. Just wondering what you guys think.
puddles are normal. this is from condensation.

thump could be the compressor turning on - not normal to hear it.

cold air with AC off - is the compressor stuck on?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cold air without A/C light on, do you have the right dial set to Auto? If so, the A/C light will not come on, but it will use it when certain conditions are met, and since it's summer time, it will use the A/C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts