Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, problem with 2014

Had to turn the heat on this morning and my drivers side was blowing cold air... had total control over the passenger side..hot, cold, ac ..but the drivers side will not change...like its stuck..

Had a similar problem on a chevy truck with dual climate control..they said it was some sort of sensor...

is their a re-set or anything i can try other than taking it to the dealership..
the only thing i tried was checking the coolant levels..all good

thanks for any help

·
Administrator
13,068 Posts
Generally that occurs when the HVAC system blend door fails. It's either stuck or the assembly has broken.

It's way back under the dash so it's not a usually a DIY sort of job.

Before you go to the dealer, try cycling between functions (defrost, floor, vent) several times in a row in quick order. It may just need a mechanical nudge.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300C
3 Posts
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C and the heat or defroster doesn't work on the driver's side of the vehicle. When you turn it on it blows cold air even though you have it on high heat. No noise at all so do thinks it's the actuator. Need help because it's getting cold and need the heat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, problem with 2014

Had to turn the heat on this morning and my drivers side was blowing cold air... had total control over the passenger side..hot, cold, ac ..but the drivers side will not change...like its stuck..

Had a similar problem on a chevy truck with dual climate control..they said it was some sort of sensor...

is their a re-set or anything i can try other than taking it to the dealership..
the only thing i tried was checking the coolant levels..all good

thanks for any help
That’s what mine was doing too at first . I think it just had a air lock in it . Maybe keeping it from circulating good . I would freeze sitting in car with it running . It Would blow cold air on the driver side…even after driving 15 min .. I thought it was the actuator .. but today I started it and let it run with a new radiator cap and I added a little antifreeze, maybe a quart . after running for 10 min in my driveway. The heat was still cold .. I checked my heater hoses , and both of them was cold .my temperature hand was right in the middle . Well I thought that didn’t do shit . I let it run 5 more min . I turned it from the vent to the floor ..and back to the vent . Then it started working great . I started sweating it was so hot .. so I’m assuming the cap was causing a air lock constantly. . Even tho passenger side was warm before. It’s nothing like it was .. it’s 5 times hotter . ,, in some cases it could be a actator . Try a new radiator cap and check antifreeze level , and heater hoses ,,to see if their cold after car has been running 10 min . If they’re cold u got a air lock ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s what mine was doing too at first . I think it just had a air lock in it . Maybe keeping it from circulating good . I would freeze sitting in car with it running . It only Blew cold air on driver side. .. after the cap and adding some a little antifreeze . I guess the air lock came out after running for 10 min in my driveway. It was cold then all of a sudden it turned hot 🥵. Bad radiator cap can keep letting air in the system if u check your heater hoses and their both cold . U probably got a air lock . Mine was warm on passenger side .. but now it will run you out of the car hot .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts