Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using the remote start on my 2014, the drivers seat shows it turned on (6 degrees F. out) but it doesn't get warm until I push the start button and/or cycle the heated seat control. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought there was only a setting to turn on the steering wheel heat with the remote, but the seats will only turn on when you press the start button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
"...Anyone else notice this? "

Yes, my '13 was like that. I seem to recall being surprised once in a while that the seat would be warm, but it usually acted as your does. I never looked into whether it was normal or not... I could live with it, so malfunction or not, life went forward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"...Anyone else notice this? "

Yes, my '13 was like that. I seem to recall being surprised once in a while that the seat would be warm, but it usually acted as your does. I never looked into whether it was normal or not... I could live with it, so malfunction or not, life went forward.
Thanks. Its not normal or shouldn't be I'd the controls shows it on. Wasn't that big of a deal when the wife was driving it daily, but it has been passed down to me for my daily driver. LOL

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,596 Posts
What does the setting in the EVIC say? Is that set so the heated seats come on with remote start?

·
Registered
58 Posts
When it's that cold outside, it could take a good while before the seat will heat up without your body weight smashing it all together to get the heat up through the padding and the seat covering. Just a thought.

Mine goes on with remote start and is indicated as such, but if I start the car and get in before say like 5 minutes goes by, the seat will still feel cold. Within a few seconds I can start feeling the warmth and then within a minute or two it'll be nice and toasty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wasn't that big of a deal when the wife was driving it daily, but it has been passed down to me for my daily driver. LOL
Ah.....sloppy seconds I see.....been there before myself. :)

Reactions: 08quadram

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When it's that cold outside, it could take a good while before the seat will heat up without your body weight smashing it all together to get the heat up through the padding and the seat covering. Just a thought.

Mine goes on with remote start and is indicated as such, but if I start the car and get in before say like 5 minutes goes by, the seat will still feel cold. Within a few seconds I can start feeling the warmth and then within a minute or two it'll be nice and toasty.
Yes, it can take a while, but it is extremely slow to heat compared to my '17 Ram (cloth seats though) and the '21 Honda CRV heated seats (leather). It used to be much hotter and quicker.
I'll let it run for almost 10 minutes (I time it to be out to the car from my office just before it will shut off) and they are cold. Guess I might have to start driving the truck to work. It also has heated steering wheel. I guess I should be complaining as I could be driving my '70 beetle as my daily in the winter also. Good heat, no defrost tho or heated seats tho.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, my wife's 2022 Hyundai Palisade has CRAZY good heated seats and steering wheel. My 300s is what I would call "very good" but not nearly as good as her ride.

Sounds like you do have an issue with the heating element, sorry to hear.

We are all used to our creature comforts these days. I always enjoy driving an older vehicle to kind of put my feet back on the ground and realize how good we have it these days with all these farkles.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Yeah, my wife's 2022 Hyundai Palisade has CRAZY good heated seats and steering wheel.
My daughter drives one of those! I drove it a bit around Nags Head, NC. Of course I didn't notice any heated anything, since I vacation there in summer. But I was seriously annoyed by the audio enunciation of everything. Those is supposed to be safety features? They just about cause me to jump out of my hide!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, there's lots of crazy shit going on when I drive her Palisade. Buzzes and shakes and sounds and voices all supposed to assist your driving. Someone set the parameters on how far away you are "supposed" to be from other vehicles before changing lanes or stopping, etc. I guess mine are a bit tighter than theirs......cause the sirens are going off on my all the time and my wife thinks I'm trying to kill everyone. Mind you.....I'm the safest of them all since I ride a motorcycle and am aware of what is going on around me at all times. But the bitching still continues..........

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell

·
Registered
87 Posts
My car seems to only turn the heated wheel on when remote started. However the seats do warm up a lot faster than on a cold start. The settings in the uconnect show both, maybe it has something to do with the ventilation bag that is over the heating pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts