Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 300c - built April 2004 - purchased May 2004 - currently 277,000 km ..
- dual auto temperature controls
- navigation

Air Conidtioner suddenly stopped working last summer (2013-June) and the dealer replace one of the computers (ECM or PCM) and it started working ... then stopped again in Sept. Did not have time to deal with it at that time. This March (2014) we went to Orlando for March break and the air conditioner works intermittently. When it works, it works great. Works approximately 10% of the time. When voltage is applied to the compressor directly, it does work fine so we are confident it is not the compressor or fluids.

Heater works but as we use it for a length of time (30 min or more) it starts to make wrong temperature sense readings and we continually need to adjust the heat further and further to HOT until it is on FULL HOT. After stopping and restarting the car it appears to reset something and works normal again for a while.

I plan to bring it back to the dealer again but it just seems like a temperature sensor is providing mis-reading of the actual interior temperature.

Thoughts / suggestions / diagnostic advice?

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
Have them check the blend door actuator for proper operation. It may be sticking, not diverting air correctly or not closing during control operation and only switching positions after a key cycle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ... will do ...

It does work fully initially but then gradually starts cooling off ... then increasing the heat settting and again gradually starts cooling ... then increasing the heat setting and again gradually starts cooling .... and the cycle continues until the heat setting is increased to maximum. It seems to stay reasonably warm at maximum.

It may be tough for them to simulate the issue without driving it for a long road trip. That is the only time I experience the heat issue.

The cooling issue is much more predictable ... failing 90% of the time.

Regardless, I will ask them to check the acuator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts