Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my first week with the new Magnesium Pearl 300C.

I have a question about the HVAC.

Owners manual says the system fan should stay off till there is some heat in the engine (at least in winter I assume) so as not to blow cold air.

The system on my '96 SHO stays silent until there is enough heat to not put cold drafts in the car.

This 300C has the fan on a mid-speed from the first moment. I have the right knob on AUTO and the left knob on AUTO LOW. If I move the left knob (fan speed) to just LOW, the fan speed drops. This is true even after the car is fully warm and the interior temp is up to the pre-set speed, on a sunny day. The fan speed never drops to the point of not being able to hear it.

I would assume that the Daimler-Chrysler folks should be able to at least match the operating quality of a 9 year old Ford.

Any suggestions? Does yours operate like this? (fan speed never drops to true low, and it comes on giving cold drafts when first started)

Any hints, suggestions, your experience is appreciated.

Don
Illinois

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
dynodon said:
In my first week with the new Magnesium Pearl 300C.

I have a question about the HVAC.

Owners manual says the system fan should stay off till there is some heat in the engine (at least in winter I assume) so as not to blow cold air.

The system on my '96 SHO stays silent until there is enough heat to not put cold drafts in the car.

This 300C has the fan on a mid-speed from the first moment. I have the right knob on AUTO and the left knob on AUTO LOW. If I move the left knob (fan speed) to just LOW, the fan speed drops. This is true even after the car is fully warm and the interior temp is up to the pre-set speed, on a sunny day. The fan speed never drops to the point of not being able to hear it.

I would assume that the Daimler-Chrysler folks should be able to at least match the operating quality of a 9 year old Ford.

Any suggestions? Does yours operate like this? (fan speed never drops to true low, and it comes on giving cold drafts when first started)

Any hints, suggestions, your experience is appreciated.

Don
Illinois

The manual is correct. Sounds like a software problem with yours. Don't let them tear your dash open until they have performed all TSB's and software upgrades to the ECM.

I'm in Ottawa with a very severe climate. The HVAC on my C is the best I've had on any car - including Cadillac.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My blower also goes on a very low setting even when it is cold. Then it stops after a minute or so only to come back on when the thermostat has opened up. I believe the climate control is running the defrost lightly so the inside of your windows don't fog up when you first get in. Works like a charm for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts