Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some strange reason, my 300c petrol 3.5 2007 failed to issue any heat from the in car heater today ? It has worked perfectly up until today. I tried all sorts of settings on the dials, but all i got was cool air.
I've searched a lot of info on this, which looks terrifying...... I wonder if I could have changed something in the dash computer thing without realising it, which i was looking through last night purely for curiosity. Bob

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,566 Posts
It sounds as if you may have a failure common to these cars...the HVAC blend door. It is either stuck or the actuator has failed. Basically it directs cold or warm air from HVAC system internals to the outlets.

Make sure your automatic or manual settings are correct. Cycling through A/C to Heat may get it to move if it is stuck in-between the two inlet positions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for the swift reply. I think your right....

I just sat in the car and ran the engine to operating temperature, I get heat on the passenger side, but cold on the drivers side, played around with AC on cold, then hot, plus many other combinations with and without AC on. Nothing changes.

I have noticed i don't hear the slight noise of what must be the flap you talked about, so its seems the frightening stuff i read about this blend door is with me.......

Now where doers one find the blighter to give it a thump to free it !!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did some more testing today....

I am confident the air delivery does work when directed to floor or screen vents and other settings.
The drivers side (UK right hand) does not seem to respond to any temperature settings set by the rotary knob on the right, the left side however seems ok, full heat, full cold.

Does this still point to the blend thing ?

I studied your attached drawing, and it seems to me there are only 2 blend things, or have i missed the obvious ?

On a second issue, what's the best way to have the rear shocks tested, I'm gradually getting used to the rear end of the car bouncing around, but am convinced its not right. The old test of pushing the rear end down by hand and seeing how much bounce there is doesn't seem effective on this car as the springs seem fairly hard.
Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did some more testing today....

I am confident the air delivery does work when directed to floor or screen vents and other settings.
The drivers side (UK right hand) does not seem to respond to any temperature settings set by the rotary knob on the right, the left side however seems ok, full heat, full cold.

Does this still point to the blend thing ?

I studied your attached drawing, and it seems to me there are only 2 blend things, or have i missed the obvious ?

On a second issue, what's the best way to have the rear shocks tested, I'm gradually getting used to the rear end of the car bouncing around, but am convinced its not right. The old test of pushing the rear end down by hand and seeing how much bounce there is doesn't seem effective on this car as the springs seem fairly hard.
Bob
replace drivers side blend door acuater. I had this same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts