Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was on the way home from my buddies house. I come to a red light of a major intersection. So major that there is a lane just for people to make a right. So I get into the lane and as the light turns green I begin to make my right, at this point my life flashes before my eyes!! lol jk about that part. The big white Tahoe to my left in the lane that is supposed to only go straight decides that she wants to make a left turn. Sure enough I honk, brake, do everything I can to avoid hurting my baby, but it wasn't enough. Bam right into her rear passenger door. So I stop and get ready to get out and do the whole insurance thing and she takes off, fast, so I chase after her, now I don't have a hemi but my little 3.5 caught her big ole suv. lol So she finally pulls over and we do the whole thing and she asks if we can go around insurance. She's like 18 maybe 19, had to be mommy's car. So I said yeah that's fine by me seeing as I'm 21, male, and my insurance finds any reason to bump my rates up, even if I'm not at fault. So anyways I got all her info went to a few body shops and got some quotes and the average quote I am looking at is right around $1,400.00. The car will be going in sometime this week. Sorry for the long read but just thought I would give the play by play.

One shop said 600 but that was to just pop it out and glue the cracked part of the bumper together, and then repaint it. I said no thank you I'd rather have the parts replaced.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Was the girl cute? Maybe she'll be your future wife.

On a serious note, what did she say after you caught up to her being that she tried to run like a fugitive at first? Going around insurance? I wonder if she knows it's going to be $1400 to get it repaired.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She was like oh I thought I hit the curb. What a dummy. lol Well I called her and I told her what the average quote was and she said hmm maybe we'll just go through insurance because her deductible is only 500. I think that would be the smart way to go. I'm trying not to be a jerk about it because she's not that bad looking and I already have her number, first step down right? lol jk but she is cute. I called her and we talked and she said that if it's that much she might as will do the insurance because her deductible is only $500.00. She's going to it over with her husband I think she said, and see which route he wants to take. I said that's cool just do what you need to do to get my baby back to health. Sometimes I think I'm too nice.

·
Registered
375 Posts
She was like oh I thought I hit the curb. What a dummy. lol Well I called her and I told her what the average quote was and she said hmm maybe we'll just go through insurance because her deductible is only 500. I think that would be the smart way to go. I'm trying not to be a jerk about it because she's not that bad looking and I already have her number, first step down right? lol jk but she is cute. I called her and we talked and she said that if it's that much she might as will do the insurance because her deductible is only $500.00. She's going to it over with her husband I think she said, and see which route he wants to take. I said that's cool just do what you need to do to get my baby back to health. Sometimes I think I'm too nice.
NO BUENO!!!!!!

That girl didn't think she hit the curb. What would've made her pull over if she truly thought she hit the curb? BOOOOOOO.........bad excuse.

Everybody feels differently about their car. The reason I say that is becasue if that was her car, she might drag her feet along with getting the repair done so who says she won't do that with you? I'd be a little weary and aware of that...........

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think your being very very nice and hope you don't get burned on this. Without a police report and her fleeing the accident I hope it comes out in your favor. When your cards get banged up it is an awful feeling, and you just have to be thankfull that nobody was hurt.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I’m sorry to read of your traffic mishap. It sucks to have the driver take off like that. I’m very distrustful of this type of situation. I just can’t see her forking over $1400 to pay the damages. What incentive does she have to pay? She has already demonstrated a preponderance to flee from responsibility. I hope you come out on this ok. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
436 Posts
oh man...idk...i think your being too nice myself...i woulda called the cops and got her ass in trouble. but thats me lol i hope it works out for you and shes better then new!

·
Registered
292 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but without a police report insurance will do exactly nothing. I once pulled into a gas station a quarter mile from where a guy hit me on my motorcycle sitting at a stoplight. I went to the gas station to get out of traffic and be safe. Insurance wouldn't pay because the police wouldn't write a report, just because I moved. If insurance companies accepted peoples stories at face value they would pay out all day. They rely on the police to analyze the scene and determine fault. Once you leave the scene they can't see what happened. Tell the girl to pay now or you will call the cops for hit and run, which is a felony offense... can you say jail time??? Always call the cops at an accident. If you had she would be looking at real-deal charges and your car would get paid for. Instead she's free to slam into one of our cars next time and give running a go again. Turning her little a** in is what you might call your "civic duty".

You may be royally screwed if she decides not to pay you out of pocket. And you also committed a serious crime by not turning her in for felony hit and run. It makes you the next-best-thing to an accomplice as far as the law is concerned.

·
Registered
246 Posts
so... did you **** her?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I think you're screwed. Next time don't let some cutie bat her lashes at you and get away with murder. She hit and ran. Cops should have been notified. End of story. I don't think you'll see a red cent from her.

·
Registered
470 Posts
good thing you caught her. the same thing happened to me i never called the cops to get a report and then the girl denied ever hitting me. lol. i got screwed for trying to save her ass.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but without a police report insurance will do exactly nothing. I once pulled into a gas station a quarter mile from where a guy hit me on my motorcycle sitting at a stoplight. I went to the gas station to get out of traffic and be safe. Insurance wouldn't pay because the police wouldn't write a report, just because I moved. If insurance companies accepted peoples stories at face value they would pay out all day. They rely on the police to analyze the scene and determine fault. Once you leave the scene they can't see what happened. Tell the girl to pay now or you will call the cops for hit and run, which is a felony offense... can you say jail time??? Always call the cops at an accident. If you had she would be looking at real-deal charges and your car would get paid for. Instead she's free to slam into one of our cars next time and give running a go again. Turning her little a** in is what you might call your "civic duty".

You may be royally screwed if she decides not to pay you out of pocket. And you also committed a serious crime by not turning her in for felony hit and run. It makes you the next-best-thing to an accomplice as far as the law is concerned.
Hmmmm.... if two participants create accident report, then it should be good for insurance company in a minor fender bender? No?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moneys been payed..car is going into the shop as soon as the body guy has a spot opening this week. I have faith in people. I know I should have filed a police report, and done the insurance but I gave her a chance. It really had nothing to do with looks or anything. lol I was just joking about that. Now I know for next time though, right? I mean this is my first accident ever. Being nice sucks but sometimes people actually stay true to their word. As soon as Heather is repaired I will post some pics. Thanks for all the advice though, now next time someone hits me I'll know what to do.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I am eating my words at this moment. I'm glad to hear some people are honest enough to follow through. Sadly this is not always the case.

Good for you (and for her).

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am eating my words at this moment. I'm glad to hear some people are honest enough to follow through. Sadly this is not always the case.

Good for you (and for her).
Agreed. People suck. I'm glad she's an exception to the rule.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me I'm so glad she's an exception too. lol Next time though I for sure won't be so nice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
She is only 18 or 19 and married already? That is way too young! I tell my kids wait until you are 30 or so before getting married. I know from experience that a person at a young age isn't the same person at the age of 30.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i'm very glad to hear she did what she said she would do.

a few years ago our old LHS(99 in great shape..this was in like '02) was sitting in a bolwingally parking lot. some kid was spinning donuts in his chevy pickup..he hit our car..luckly some friends of ours saw him...he attemped to drive away but they stopped him. we got out there he was prolly 16 years old and seemed very scared. so we got all his info and didnt call the cops. well turns out he gave a fake name and fake number. i had his plate number and ended up tracking him down through that. we sued him but have never seen any money. we ended up paying our $500 deductible and getting the car fixed..it was a $2,900 bill. after that happend i've never had any faith in people.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yup...

I'm just glad she paid up and your baby will be restored to her former glory!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am surprised and glad that she paid. There have been too many episodes of skipping out and verbal denials of these type of accidents. Hope the repairs come out to your liking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts