1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,566 Posts
Yup...I agree with ya. That's not an "Answer To The Hellcat". That's more of a desperate attempt to catch up to one.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Surprised at the price considering its Hennessey! Usually his stuff is a million dollars and takes 18 years to get installed...but that's another story. For the sake of this thread... I agree with the above...it's not an answer to a stock powerhouse, it's a tuner package add on... for the extra 20k on the price tag of a stock stang I'm pretty sure I could weasel a few more ponies out of the big Chally... such a dumb comparison!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Couldn't agree with all the above more. So Ford strikes out. Curious what Caddy will do whenever they finally release specs on the gen3 V's. Guessing 600-650 tops in terms of HP. Can't see anyone out of the factory topping the Hellcat for HP anyway (in the near future). Just wish they'd of put on bigger shoes. 275s aren't exactly wide for that kind of power.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Thats a good point Mr Happy, when you look at the width of those puppies on the back of the Viper and its missing a few horses out of the stable compared to the Chally.
How does that make any sense?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
The rims are 9.5" wide so fitting 305+ on the back shouldn't be a problem. Then swap out the rear factory rubber and keep those 2 tires for future front replacements. I haven't seen if all 4 corners are 9.5" rims though, anyone confirm or have other info?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
All four are 9.5" Pat. It seems the only wider tire option with the 9.5" front rim is the 305/35. The 315/35 needs a wider rim and I don't know if we can fit more rim up front. My guess is that will present some problems. Since I am in the same status as you; waiting for the "second" allocation I am just waiting to read what others are fitting up. The car seems really well balanced with the equal rubber front and back. I really want to add at least the 305's out back, potentially the 315's because I am definitely buying different wheels. But, I don't want to get so much rubber out back that it may begin pushing the front too much into corners. I am sure you have been thinking the same? I know you know much more about handling so I am going to sit back and listen.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Thanks! At present, the widest I can get away with on my 06 SRT8 at the front is 275's. I've tried 285's - fine on the back but no go on the front. It appears the Chally can take 305's on the back.

I will be going to a custom made 18" wheel for racing to take slicks. Nobody (namely Hoosier) makes a 20 " slick.

I'm hoping the clearances on the Chally Hellcat will be more generous, because all that weight really needs more width up front for better handling on the twisties.

Perhaps I can get an answer from the boys at SRT.

·
Registered
233 Posts
And it's a reworked car from Hennessey. It's a Hennessey car that ford owners will call a stock ford.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts