Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very impressed with the enthusiasm for the 300 shown on here. Take delivery of a spanky new CRD on Saturday and hope to god I have made a decent choice given all the German competition.

Spent a long time reading threads this week and have to say that the 0-60 feature in the car's "brain" is one of the best features I've heard of in any car.

The figures you are achieving are remarkable.

Saturday seems a long way off right now...

:pat:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley! Waiting is always the hardest part. The anticipation is tantalizing! Here's hoping the delivery is without problems and Sunday you have to get muscle relaxer to reign in the permanent grin from your face!

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome aboard, don't think you will be dissapointed, once you have got use to the size!!

I'm just up the road if you need owt!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Welcome!!! We all went through what you are now. For me it's been almost three years.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes, it is one of the strange things about the 300C - most of us seem to have this degree of trepidation when buying - but take it from me it is soon overcome. The standard thing to tell a new purchaser is to remember to wear a big grin when driving - all the rest of us do. You will have realised if you have been watching this site that there is a great deal of information available to you and loads of friendly folk. And I have yet to see someone being talked down to for asking a "daft" question or making a wrong comment. Friendliest site I have ever been on.
Cheers John

·
Registered
758 Posts
Another welcome, I hope you are delighted every bit as much as the rest of us were are and continue to be with the "C"

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Friendliest site I have ever been on.
Cheers John
Just be careful with some of the HEMI crew - I suspect that some of them sniff from the 'wrong pump' :biggrin: but they're mostly harmless :lick:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Just be careful with some of the HEMI crew - I suspect that some of them sniff from the 'wrong pump' :biggrin: but they're mostly harmless :lick:

CAREFUL NOW.We sniff the right pump.lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the threads, you will not be disappionted . My last two cars were german and they didnt put as big a smile on my face as this Beast . You will love it.:) :) :) :fing02:

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi and welcome to the gang of proud owners. You will love it I'm sure. Oh and don't be surprised if you now start to get lots of people coming up to you and talking about your car. This has happened to me twice in the last week and it still brings a smile to my face

Graham

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
We certainly do sniff the wrong pump, then realise its DIESEL! and go for high Octane petrol instead.:arms:
never thought of it that way!..mind you Im not colour blind either,lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
I ocasionally drive my boss's Bentley and it doesn't get half the looks the 300c does! Have to say it was a bit disconcerting at first people coming over to me in supermarket car parks to talk about the car!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I ocasionally drive my boss's Bentley and it doesn't get half the looks the 300c does! Have to say it was a bit disconcerting at first people coming over to me in supermarket car parks to talk about the car!
I might of mentioned this before,I was 2nd in line behind a Bentley at the pelicans outside Sainsburys one morning and everyone crossing was pointing and looking at my "C",and by the way the Bentley took off he wasnt impressed.lmao

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its arrived

Thanks for all the support regarding the 300C purchase.

I signed on the line today and collected it at midday. Photos attached.
The dealer was very good, even if the finance man spoke to me like I was 4 years old, I suppose he was doing his job thoroughly.

This is Kings Manchester, part of the Sytner Group.

The saleman took over an hour with "pre-flight" checks and instructions explaining the oddities of buying an Anglecised American motor,ie. the drivers door does not have key hole but the passengers door does. Also he said that the mpg indicator displays are in US gallons and that I should mentally correct by a factor of 1.2. Any comments from UK owners?

He was very thorough, although I have already forgotten the radio, seat,something??? memory configuration sequence.

I had a great journey home and the kids were smiling, squealing and clambering all over it when I got back. They dropped the back seats and played in the boot for half an hour.

Initial reactions:
Love the style, interior and the engine is far quieter that my outgoing SAAB 93 TiD auto. Bit annoyed that the audio doesn't have an obvious aux input but I'll get round that in due course.
The engine note reminds me of my old '03 2.5 V6 Passat. Nice turbine sound and feel but, this time, without the bind of a clutch and 6 speed box ( my left knee is trashed ).
Evic software is v5.34 and wondered if that is indicative of the true manufacture date of the car. It was registered in the UK yesterday, but could it be a moth-balled '06 model???

It does have the all important 0-60 feature though. Please don't email me about running in an engine, I know. After 70 miles I tried it and got 7.22s, on the flat, no prep or brakes, into the wind with an overflowing tank and one daughter. I am staggered. Straight out of the box that is amazing. 20 years ago I had a V12 XJS and I don't think it was as fast.

I can't find a suitable place to stick my Garmin, the screen is too far away and I'm 6ft. Another thing to work on.

Main beam is a bit naff, though the fogs are good.

Bit of a whale in a roundabout but not as bad as a Passat. The Saab is pin sharp in a corner.

Curiously, the rear seat has three belts but only two belt clips. One for the dealer? Also the leather in the centre rucks up a bit as if not sewn or restrained under the seat.

It has amazing "presence". Loads of looks, two blokes at a motor place came to ask me what it was and were amazed it was a diesel.

All in, a good first day.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey mr silver300crd,

it looks great and an interesting review you have given of it.

re EVIC versions, is 5.34 good? I dont know what the current version is or which version the 0-60 counter started ?

I thought I read somewhere that the MPG had been changed to imperial gallons, is that not right?

re the aux input do you have the satnav or the stock radio? because I have been wondering if mine will have an aux input, because I fancied plugging a digital radio into it, is that possible with the stock radio?

mine is coming next saturday and you have now made me so impatient, out of interest, why did you get it registered only 1 week before the 08's start ?

audi's which all have goaties now and BMW's with there latterly funny shaped bodies look so dull in comparison !

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
116 Posts
Also he said that the mpg indicator displays are in US gallons and that I should mentally correct by a factor of 1.2. Any comments from UK owners?

Evic software is v5.34 and wondered if that is indicative of the true manufacture date of the car. It was registered in the UK yesterday, but could it be a moth-balled '06 model???

Curiously, the rear seat has three belts but only two belt clips.
Quick answer to the above
After many time calculating MPG the old way (fill up, clock milage, re fill and check) I am convinced its imperial UK gal.

There is a sticker on drivers door that will tell you month & year of production

Should have 3 buckles & belts, has one found it's way under the seat?

Have fun & enjoy
Regards
Trev

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Thanks for all the support regarding the 300C purchase.

Also he said that the mpg indicator displays are in US gallons and that I should mentally correct by a factor of 1.2. Any comments from UK owners?
Yep, the salesmans talking out of his bottom ! Unless omething has changed on your car, the rest of us ate getting good ole miles to the Imperial gallon

He was very thorough, although I have already forgotten the radio, seat,something??? memory configuration sequence. If/when you get the chance, have a good look through the manual, its full of 'well I didn't realise that' functions

I had a great journey home and the kids were smiling, squealing and clambering all over it when I got back. They dropped the back seats and played in the boot for half an hour. Which could be the point where the 3rd seat belt buckle fell underneath the seat.

Initial reactions:
Love the style, interior and the engine is far quieter that my outgoing SAAB 93 TiD auto. Bit annoyed that the audio doesn't have an obvious aux input but I'll get round that in due course.
The engine note reminds me of my old '03 2.5 V6 Passat. Nice turbine sound and feel but, this time, without the bind of a clutch and 6 speed box ( my left knee is trashed ).

It does have the all important 0-60 feature though. Please don't email me about running in an engine, I know. Your choice, your engine, your car After 70 miles I tried it and got 7.22s, on the flat, no prep or brakes, into the wind with an overflowing tank and one daughter. I am staggered. Straight out of the box that is amazing. 20 years ago I had a V12 XJS and I don't think it was as fast.

I can't find a suitable place to stick my Garmin, the screen is too far away and I'm 6ft. Another thing to work on.

Main beam is a bit naff, though the fogs are good. There are a few people on here grumpling about the main beam, but I'm happy enough with it. Might it be that the standard beam is so good that the differenece isn't large.

Bit of a whale in a roundabout but not as bad as a Passat. The Saab is pin sharp in a corner.

Curiously, the rear seat has three belts but only two belt clips. One for the dealer? Also the leather in the centre rucks up a bit as if not sewn or restrained under the seat. My seat has rucked up a bit as well, I put that down to me being a fat sod !

It has amazing "presence". Loads of looks, two blokes at a motor place came to ask me what it was and were amazed it was a diesel. Get used to it, Its a really nice part of having a 300. Also, with me its quite often older blokes that come for a chat.

All in, a good first day.
Quick answer to the above
After many time calculating MPG the old way (fill up, clock milage, re fill and check) I am convinced its imperial UK gal. & I've done the manual checks as well

There is a sticker on drivers door that will tell you month & year of production

Should have 3 buckles & belts, has one found it's way under the seat?

Have fun & enjoy
Regards
Trev

1 - 20 of 39 Posts